Thread: RCS

Default RCS

I recently had an interview with RCS and they seem fantastic. They are a dispatch company in the Tokyo-To area. They have been honest about the role (which is basically JET)
    They support you find housing/ have company health insurance and have been wonderful answering any questions I have.

The pay is slightly less than JET
    however. they offer ongoing training. There is also classroom observation so you can get feedback on your role to help develop your teaching skills. They offer support with you as a teacher and also for out of work.

They employ from within Japan and overseas.
    Offer visa sponcership and arange it all for you.
    Rolling recruitment.

I have had a good experience so far!

Default Re: RCS

"
    RCS has faced a significant number of legal actions against its operations by employees including cases filed at the Labor Standards Office for illegal pay deductions for statutory holidays, sick days and cleaning fees.

Often there is no pay for training in August, and the salary is only a fraction of what it legally must be."

and they probably don't pay for your ticket there, that's like at least an extra $1000 you gotta come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by lilly View Post
    I recently had an interview with RCS and they seem fantastic. They are a dispatch company in the Tokyo-To area. They have been honest about the role (which is basically JET)
    They support you find housing/ have company health insurance and have been wonderful answering any questions I have.

The pay is slightly less than JET
    however. they offer ongoing training. There is also classroom observation so you can get feedback on your role to help develop your teaching skills. They offer support with you as a teacher and also for out of work.

They employ from within Japan and overseas.
    Offer visa sponcership and arange it all for you.
    Rolling recruitment.

I have had a good experience so far!
    This is the biggest bunch of BS. Are you recruiting for them or something? First off the salary is 100,000 less than JET. That's a bit more than 'slightly'. Second, as already mentioned. There are numerous legal challenges to the denied benefits RSC is notorious for. Not to mention they pull the same 29.5 hours a week BS to keep people off health insurance that interac does.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

It's someone from the company, I've seen posts on other sites from people like this pretending to "have had a really good experience" and then they go off on a sales pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post
    It's someone from the company, I've seen posts on other sites from people like this pretending to "have had a really good experience" and then they go off on a sales pitch.
    Really?!!!

Then, lilly, sign me up!
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater

No, I'm afraid I dont work for them! I realised reading back I appeared to be very enthusiastic, maybe to convince myself I was about to go into the right thing?!

however, they all seem nice, but I think Im just going to pack my bags and leave. after my experiences I decided I didn't want to risk another job with similar problems. Unless they want to pay me more of course which isnt going to happen!
    Last edited by lilly; June 18th, 2009 at 14:55.

Yeah I worked with several people from RCS that ended up defecting to Interac later. They have some really shady hiring practices.
    Genki?

Watch out for Borderlink as well. The old President of RCS was fired and then he went off to form Borderlink.

Avoiddddddddd..... avoidddddd.....