Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saga JETs

Delicious...and moist! kiwimusume's Avatar

Default Saga JETs

Anyone besides Wanderlust King coming to Saga?
    Quote Originally Posted by goloons View Post
    My favorite student just tried to BITE MY NIPPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

me! i'll be in saga-shi!

Default Re: Saga JETs

Hi! *waves* Do you know which part of Saga City you're in yet?
    Yeah, it's really good stuff. For some reason, they bound it as a book, instead of on a roll. There's 190 pages, which is probably good for at least a few dozen shits.

no, i don't yet. apparently the saga-ken BoE is in the process of arranging all that.

saga~~~

we can has a thread!

kiwimusume, you stickin around this next year?

Burasuto from the pasuto. Wanderlust King's Avatar

I just heard from my CO. It was pretty.. confusing. A "teacher's consult taking care of ALT at kouhoku town" messaged me, and told me to contact mrs. so-and-so at the JHS if I had any questions. Except she didn't leave me any contact information for mrs. so-and-so!

I guess I need to throw a message back asking for her E-mail or something.

ahhhh excitement, one more month to go.

@tygerwillow - You'll probably be living in the Gaijin Ghetto in the main part of Saga City then (as far as I know, all the ken ALTs in Saga City live in the same block of apartments. With municipal JETs there's a lot more variance, as Saga City has also eaten a lot of smaller towns, so "Saga City" could actually mean some small town near-ish to it.) No telling where your schools will be, but they'll probably be high schools.

@ Sarita - Nope, leaving for the big, bad world of freelance translation. Which is a bummer, because Wanderlust King is going to be near my town, and it would have been cool to meet him.

@Wanderlust King - The Japanese assistant who works at my school also works at yours. Want me to ask her to get Mrs So-and-so's contact details for you?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimusume View Post
    @tygerwillow - You'll probably be living in the Gaijin Ghetto in the main part of Saga City then (as far as I know, all the ken ALTs in Saga City live in the same block of apartments.
    it sounds like i won't be, actually. someone from my boe has contacted me and said they are in the process of "arranging" an apartment for me. so i'm guessing i might be living in a "new" (to the boe) place. it sounds like the school schedule is going through a lot of rearranging too; all i know is that i'll likely be at 2 or 3 different high schools each week and they're going to get back to me with the details when everything's settled.

Burasuto from the pasuto. Wanderlust King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kiwimusume View Post
    @Wanderlust King - The Japanese assistant who works at my school also works at yours. Want me to ask her to get Mrs So-and-so's contact details for you?
    I got them the other night actually, so I'm good!

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by tygerwillow View Post
    it sounds like i won't be, actually. someone from my boe has contacted me and said they are in the process of "arranging" an apartment for me. so i'm guessing i might be living in a "new" (to the boe) place. it sounds like the school schedule is going through a lot of rearranging too; all i know is that i'll likely be at 2 or 3 different high schools each week and they're going to get back to me with the details when everything's settled.
    Oh, my bad. Sorry about that.

But yay for getting info from your BOE!

saga is awful.
    "Whenever Westerners don't understand something, they simply think its Zen" - Yasujiro Ozu

Quote Originally Posted by kakusei View Post
    saga is awful.
    you love it.

New Saga people! Where are you! There will be seven new people in my town alone! Half of the prefecture is getting replaced!

My friend got place in Miyaki-cho.
    Huge Omedetous.

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Quote Originally Posted by saritajuanita View Post
    New Saga people! Where are you! There will be seven new people in my town alone! Half of the prefecture is getting replaced!
    WHAT! 7 people...that is like the entire contingent. Is anyone staying this year? Your city was always the best, but mostly because it had such a great group of people. Seriously....

Then again, the only 5th years have almost always been in your town. I guess it makes sense that they would have to leave eventually.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

I'll be in the town of Genkai. Has anybody visited?

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

That is a really pretty area, right on the water. Very inaka. No rail stations, but I drove through the area once - there is a nice mountain for hiking in the area. Mmmm...I don't remember if they did, but just as I left they were talking about turning the power plant back on (it was shut down after the Fukushima plant problems.) I'm pretty sure it has started back up again.
    Last edited by kalliea; May 27th, 2012 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by kalliea View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has started back up again.
    As of May 5th, all of Japan's nuclear plants are stopped--including Genkai. IIRC Genkai # 4 was briefly online for a few months but then shutdown in December and has yet to be restarted.

Hm. I'm surprised they didn't turn it on sooner or keep it on. When I left people were going crazy, demanding it be turned on to help with the power shortage. I thought the PM even asked the governor to turn it back on.