Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saga JETs

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    My friend got place in Miyaki-cho.
    Well, any friend of the Doctor is a friend of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by kalliea View Post
    WHAT! 7 people...that is like the entire contingent. Is anyone staying this year? Your city was always the best, but mostly because it had such a great group of people. Seriously....

Then again, the only 5th years have almost always been in your town. I guess it makes sense that they would have to leave eventually.
    Ha, yeah there are three fifth years leaving. They're kicking us out! Have to give other people a chance, though, right?

I find that you're always closest to the group you arrive with on JET, so the seven (eight when including Genkai!) of the new kids should have a pretty tight knit group. Lucky ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenNapoleon View Post
    I'll be in the town of Genkai. Has anybody visited?
    Yes, indeed!! Beautiful mountains and coastal roads. Rural, but easy enough to drive into town over the mountains for shopping or socializing. Genkai and Karatsu make up the Tomatsu District, so even though you're the only JET in Genkai, there are a number of JETs in the district close by. I'm sure your pred will let you know the specifics

That is a really pretty area, right on the water. Very inaka. No rail stations, but I drove through the area once - there is a nice mountain for hiking in the area. Mmmm...I don't remember if they did, but just as I left they were talking about turning the power plant back on (it was shut down after the Fukushima plant problems.) I'm pretty sure it has started back up again.
    Shoot, I was hoping to acquire some super powers from leaking radiation. At least it would give me something to do in the countryside.

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Quote Originally Posted by saritajuanita View Post
    Ha, yeah there are three fifth years leaving. They're kicking us out! Have to give other people a chance, though, right?

I find that you're always closest to the group you arrive with on JET, so the seven (eight when including Genkai!) of the new kids should have a pretty tight knit group. Lucky ducks.
    Karatsu people were always a close knit group. I was jealous. Their DRs especially took good care of the newbies. Then again, the new people always seemed to click with everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenNapoleon View Post
    Shoot, I was hoping to acquire some super powers from leaking radiation. At least it would give me something to do in the countryside.
    Well, if #3 is still leaking, and you go swim in the ocean, you might be in luck. If you get super powers, use them for good! Can I write your comic book?
    Last edited by kalliea; May 28th, 2012 at 00:35.
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

Well, if #3 is still leaking, and you go swim in the ocean, you might be in luck. If you get super powers, use them for good! Can I write your comic book?
    What super power ideas do you have? I have already heard of our Super Gaijin Powers...

Default Re: Saga JETs

Why Is JET Program Teacher William Milberry Raising Money Online? | Japan Probe

this is probably old news, but is this guy from your neck of the woods??

seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMart View Post
    Why Is JET Program Teacher William Milberry Raising Money Online? | Japan Probe

this is probably old news, but is this guy from your neck of the woods??

seems legit

Yes, we all know this person. He is a very talented photographer and generally a nice person, though he does constantly talk about radiation and facebook updates about going around measuring radiation with his geiger counter.

I was shocked when I saw that article because... um... he has been on JET for 5 years and should have absolutely no problem at all financially moving to the US with his wife... dozens of JETs do it every year supposed nuclear crisis or not. Also, he isn't *choosing* to leave/flee. He has to leave. Contract is UP. If he was so worried about it, he could have just not recontracted last year... JET! JET.

I do think that all harshness of the article was deserved, though I do not believe that he is trying to deceive the public. He truly believes that he and his wife are in grave danger. I've not seen a tin foil hat but I never saw that video coming either, so who knows.

Default Re: Saga JETs

If you all know who he is why hasn't anyone slaughtered his wife like a hog, therefore freeing him from the financial burden of crating her up and shipping her home?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.