Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: AEON

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hi,

    Good ideal, pls try to keep posting. I like this topic very much and I will digged this one. Tks again.
    If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Housekeeping interview questions


    Best regards.
    Last edited by hamburg113; November 7th, 2011 at 16:58.

  2. #22
    Senior Member lexa1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: AEON

    I didn't even get a reply from Aeon so well done to you guys who made it to the interview it sounds so intense! Waiting around 5 hours! What a joke!

  3. #23

    Default

    Those posters from 5 months ago appreciate the sentiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  4. #24
    Senior Member lexa1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: AEON

    Damn you Hamburg!!

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DocBosch View Post
    I taught in Niigata-shi, Niigata-ken. My apartment was old, but nice- spacious and reasonably affordable, although the hot water heater was never up to snuff in the winter. AEON subsidized the rent- as I recall, AEON teachers paid 41,000 yen and everything after that AEON picked up. Rent was paid directly from my paychecks, and I didn't have to worry about key money or deposit or anything. The apartment came fully furnished with fridge, toaster over, tiny tv and VCR, kotatsu, bed, desk, rice cooker, pots and pans, etc. My predecessor didn't charge me for anything, although on my own initiative I upgraded the TV and then sold it at a huge discount to my own successor.
    Hi everyone. I was trying to find some information in relation to the apartment situation with Aeon, and I came across this thread which seems (partially) relevant to a concern of mine.


    I've applied to Aeon and I've gotten as far as the group interview stage which will be on the 23rd of June. My boyfriend is half Japanese (he has Japanese citizenship) and we were planning to go to Japan together, albeit for different career reasons (he won't be working as an English teacher, that is!). I would really like to work with Aeon, as out of the options I have so far, this one seems the best to me. However, I heard (and also read on their website) that they're pretty adamant that English teachers travel alone, and it seems that staying in the apartments they provide is somewhat compulsory, yet we would very much like to live together and these apartments are only suitable for one person (and even so, I can imagine there would be a problem with the landlord etc. if we tried to live there together). Not that I expect Aeon to help us find an apartment for two or anything, but has anyone had any similar experiences where they had to turn down the apartment offered by Aeon? Also, from other similar interviews I've done, it seems to be a pretty regular that they ask if I will be traveling alone or with someone else. Any recommendations about how I should answer this if it comes up in the interview with Aeon? Should I lie and explain it later, if I get the position with them? Are they less likely to hire me if they know beforehand that I don't plan to travel alone? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by schmelison; June 7th, 2012 at 23:04.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schmelison View Post
    Hi everyone. I was trying to find some information in relation to the apartment situation with Aeon, and I came across this thread which seems (partially) relevant to a concern of mine.


    I've applied to Aeon and I've gotten as far as the group interview stage which will be on the 23rd of June. My boyfriend is half Japanese (he has Japanese citizenship) and we were planning to go to Japan together, albeit for different career reasons (he won't be working as an English teacher, that is!). I would really like to work with Aeon, as out of the options I have so far, this one seems the best to me. However, I heard (and also read on their website) that they're pretty adamant that English teachers travel alone, and it seems that staying in the apartments they provide is somewhat compulsory, yet we would very much like to live together and these apartments are only suitable for one person (and even so, I can imagine there would be a problem with the landlord etc. if we tried to live there together). Not that I expect Aeon to help us find an apartment for two or anything, but has anyone had any similar experiences where they had to turn down the apartment offered by Aeon? Also, from other similar interviews I've done, it seems to be a pretty regular that they ask if I will be traveling alone or with someone else. Any recommendations about how I should answer this if it comes up in the interview with Aeon? Should I lie and explain it later, if I get the position with them? Are they less likely to hire me if they know beforehand that I don't plan to travel alone? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    If your boyfriend has Japanese citizenship, I don't see the point of going through the overseas application process with a dispatch company. You'd have a hard time getting placed where both of you want to live, anyway. I would go over with him, get a spousal visa, and apply to places within the country. You'll have the benefit of not needing visa sponsorship. As for apartments, just use a real estate agent. If you two move into a metropolitan area there will be plenty who are used to helping out foreigners, as well as plenty of jobs to get that pay just as well as AEON. Use gaijinpot.com and ohayosensei.com once you get there to find local jobs.

    If you want to try going through a dispatch company, then tell them the truth. I don't see how you'd be able to avoid telling them the truth at some point to avoid being stuck in a one-person apartment, so if you lied they would find out eventually. Many would probably think it's a plus that you're going over with a Japanese citizen. One big worry of dispatch companies is that their employees will get homesickness and culture shock and fly back home after a month or so, and living with a Japanese citizen would ease the transition a lot and make you less likely to do something like that.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    If your boyfriend has Japanese citizenship, I don't see the point of going through the overseas application process with a dispatch company. You'd have a hard time getting placed where both of you want to live, anyway. I would go over with him, get a spousal visa, and apply to places within the country. You'll have the benefit of not needing visa sponsorship. As for apartments, just use a real estate agent. If you two move into a metropolitan area there will be plenty who are used to helping out foreigners, as well as plenty of jobs to get that pay just as well as AEON. Use gaijinpot.com and ohayosensei.com once you get there to find local jobs.

    If you want to try going through a dispatch company, then tell them the truth. I don't see how you'd be able to avoid telling them the truth at some point to avoid being stuck in a one-person apartment, so if you lied they would find out eventually. Many would probably think it's a plus that you're going over with a Japanese citizen. One big worry of dispatch companies is that their employees will get homesickness and culture shock and fly back home after a month or so, and living with a Japanese citizen would ease the transition a lot and make you less likely to do something like that.
    Thanks a million for the advice! The spousal visa makes alot more sense, of course, but I am just a bit dubious of going there without having anything solid beforehand. I was always unsure as to whether or not the dispatch companies would mind if I went with another person - I seem to receive mixed reactions from different interviewers. Some seem quite positive, probably for the reasons you've mentioned, but some also are worried that I would not be as flexible with regards to where I would be working, which in a sense is kind of true. We'll see how it goes anyway! Thanks again!

  8. #28
    Billy Big Bollocks Ini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    28,772

    Default

    How can you get a spouse visa if you're not married?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    How can you get a spouse visa if you're not married?
    Oh god, I'm an idiot. I forgot about that part. Lol.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pika View Post
    Oh god, I'm an idiot. I forgot about that part. Lol.
    Haha don't worry, so did I. I mentioned it to my boyfriend last night and he almost peed himself laughing.

  11. #31

    Default Re: AEON

    Quote Originally Posted by schmelison View Post
    Haha don't worry, so did I. I mentioned it to my boyfriend last night and he almost peed himself laughing.
    Lol, sorry for giving you false hope. Depending on what country you're from, you can maybe go on a working holiday visa. If you're actually from Ireland, you'll qualify. Here's information: MOFA: The Working Holiday Programmes in Japan

    It can last you a whole year, too, for Irish citizens (initially issued for 6 months, and renewable for another 6 months). Just as good as going with a dispatch company, and better than having to marry for the spousal visa.

    There, now I feel like I'm actually useful. Lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •