Thread: Skype-based Eikaiwa

Default Skype-based Eikaiwa

I'm sick of looking for temporary "real" work within walking/biking distance, because it seems that, unless I want to work at McDonalds, there isn't much going around. I've been kicking around the idea of doing some simple eikaiwa stuff online because it's something that i know I can do (and I don't have to leave the house, etc).

I don't have any certifications, which might complicate matters, but I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction of how I could get into this. thanks.

I've had really good experiences with edufire.com. It's probably not enough to live off of, but with enough self-promotion you can probably book a good number of students and it's on your own hours and your own terms. Also it's hard to go wrong with the classes, they don't often seem to go empty.

If you are Canadian and looking for longer term arrangements, there's a company called Talk to Canada that I've done preliminaries with before.

Btw, what's the deal with working for Canadian companies online from Japan (or in my case, Korea)? Does anyone know what it does to your visa?