Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has your CO made you leave Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by cvmurrieta View Post
    That's not what Glenski and the other vets say in the Japan forum on Dave's ESL Cafe.
    No, ignore Puma. The visa is yours and as long as you are continuing to work in the industry that your visa is for you are ok. As a CIR do you have an instructor or humanities visa?

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Re: Has your CO made you leave Japan?

heres a story for ya. maybe i said it before but not sure

a friend of mine was working for geos for a year or two. right before he left he got his visa renewed and they gave him a three year visa. two months later he left japan and went back to get his MBA. he didnt turn in his gaijin card just went home got his degree and a few weeks ago came back to japan on the same visa. he did a short internship and is now interviewing and looking for jobs in tokyo. he got into the country no problem on that visa, the only thing that was difficult was giving an address and phone number to be reached at for the swine flu stuff, since he came here at the height of that mess.
    also he was able to get a new keitai using an address that was not on his gaijin card, just told them he would be moving before he got his first bill and to forward them to his new place ( a friends address in ueno)
    so there are things you can do.
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    No, ignore Puma. The visa is yours and as long as you are continuing to work in the industry that your visa is for you are ok. As a CIR do you have an instructor or humanities visa?
    I'm pretty sure Puma's right in that you need to be employed in that field within 30 days of leaving a job, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. My intent was not to bag on Puma. It was just to bring to light what has been discussed on Dave's ESL Cafe and the CIR Homepage. It has been mentioned on the CIR Homepage that one can apply for a 6-month job-hunting visa as well.

My visa is the humanities one. If I want to do ALT work, then I will need to get it changed over.
    " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"-Barry Goldwater