Thread: Just an idea!

Default Just an idea!

This might sound boring or useless or a pain in the a** to make BUT once the interviews are over and placements start coming in their will be lots of questions about where their placement is whats in that area etc... i know their are forums for all the areas in Japan where you can ask questions BUT my idea is maybe adding a section(not on the forum itself) basically giving basic stats,sighting locations,general conditions in that prefecture, maybe even stories by JETs in those prefectures and some photo's etc... this could also helpful in the application time period too.

What do you think? bad idea? useless? useful?

yeah true but i was thinking if we had access to that kind of infomation on this website this would become kinda like a one stop shop for incoming and current JETs instead of having to go to 5 different sites just to get the information your after.

That's a nice idea, but what's the point of re-writing information that can already be found on the web? Maybe if each prefecture had its own section of links and basic info...

EDIT: I like the story idea! It would be like the 'JET Experiences' section on Big Daikon, but hopefully not as negative! We could also write about what we think of the area we live in as a guide to incoming and potential JETs.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

VIP

Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps a combination of links to useful and accurate web pages for each prefecture, selected by current residents, combined with stories / opinions about the area. However, as Paul said, its quite a lot of work, and would only really happen if we had active contributors from most or all prefectures.

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!