Thread: Unscheduled Downtime

Paul

Default Unscheduled Downtime

Some genius decided to log into the server and mess with it. I have since fixed the problem then went on a rampage and bollocked whoever it was.

Now, you can get back to your scheduled ITIL viewing.

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Default Re: Unscheduled Downtime

must've been while i was off for a walk.
    i got mark's wife's name mixed up with bryan's. think he'll forgive me?
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Paul

he might, she mightnt

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU CHANGE?!

ITIL (pre-server move the first) was always blocked by Websense (Identified as a message board)

ITIL (after you moved the server and until this incident) NOT blocked by Websense

ITIL (after today's nonsense) BLOCKED BY WEBSENSE. (Identified as a message board)

There's been a security breach?! What am I going to do now that all of my personal info is out!?

Death to the admin!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    WHAT THE HELL DID YOU CHANGE?!

ITIL (pre-server move the first) was always blocked by Websense (Identified as a message board)

ITIL (after you moved the server and until this incident) NOT blocked by Websense

ITIL (after today's nonsense) BLOCKED BY WEBSENSE. (Identified as a message board)
    What did I change? I fixed the server by restoring deleted files. I'll delete the files again if you wish.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jboze84 View Post
    There's been a security breach?! What am I going to do now that all of my personal info is out!?

Death to the admin!
    No, there wasn't a security breach. We have enough people on the team capable of breaking things without needing more.

translation = i learned the hard way that inserting smilies into the php code does not yield good results. I thought their cute little faces would "spruce up" that boring code.

i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by danielplainview View Post
    translation = i learned the hard way that inserting smilies into the php code does not yield good results. I thought their cute little faces would "spruce up" that boring code.

i was wrong.
    Oh we've all been there...
    Shut up Hikari / Muffles / uthinkimlost. (delete as appropriate)

Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    What did I change? I fixed the server by restoring deleted files. I'll delete the files again if you wish.
    That's really odd then, because ITIL wasn't being ID'd as a message board until the server went down.....

Unless Websense got smarter. Other boards were always blocked...but not ITIL.