Thread: Gender indication?

Default Gender indication?

What are the chances of a little symbol of male or female under each member's avatar or something? It is really hard to work out whi is male and female, and it can make a difference when responding to questions or contextually in a conversation.

It is also hard to remember which,out of scrotty scorrcy and whatever the other one is, is male or female etc. Also when female members start saying 'suck my d&^k' etc, confusion ensues...

It could be optional to divulge I guess if people are against giving that information.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    Apparently the board of education doesnt realize I am in the fight of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    three HIV tests later spread out over 1+ year and i can now say i dont regret it

Default Re: Gender indication?

It seems easy enough to figure out to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meelynn View Post
    If you were DJing a party I would rock up with my bunches of purple grapes stuffed into my bra, spilling a beer over myself, and harass you to play "Boom Boom Dollar" by King Kong & D'Jungle Girls until you called the police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takochu~* View Post
    I didn't take any offense to it, I'm a pretty understandable person.

yeah cos everyone knows you're a chick
    three HIV tests later spread out over 1+ year and i can now say i dont regret it

The angry 'activist' in me is screaming out 'No Dom, smash the gender binary - bad kiwi' but I think Ini might make fun of me, like.

I don't think it matters what genderp people are - in fact I think it's more fun not knowing.

I reply to people in the same way no matter what their gender and I cannot see any instances where you would need to except for maybe saying s/he which takes a few extra seconds to type.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Quote Originally Posted by running roku View Post
    and it can make a difference when responding to questions or contextually in a conversation.

Why? do you like to wait until the women are out the room before you open the brandy and discuss politics?

I was going to go all activisty on this but someone already did. Damn.

Is it really needed to understand insults? The only thing a gender symbol would do is make this site more cruisy than it tries to be. If you are looking for some tail, just go on mixi or craigslist.

Mixi IS a good place to find that hahahaha
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

yeah honestly I just want to know which members to send sleazy private messages to, I don't want to send any to chicks by accident.

Cracks me up that anyone would get all up-in-arms about it - OH MY GOD! That is why I suggested it could be voluntary, as there would always some fruits that would take offense/hermaphrodite etc.

My suggestion was more due to seeing a lot of enquiries, questions about clothing, places to go etc, and the correct answer is sometimes gender specific, have seen conversations go back and forth where incorrect assumptions are made of gender and thought it might save some hassle, make it easier for a website which to a large degree is used to find answers/suggestions etc.

meh anyway.

We (I say on behalf of the other staff) don't want to discourage discussion or suggestions. We love that shit.

Although I think you should consider sending sleazy messages to everyone like I do.

I don't think we're up in arms either. Though it's a good song.
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

i don't think it matters and wouldn't make a difference to me, but if people want it, fine.

reminds me of the controversy over that african runner in the world championships who got the gold medal and is now being investigated as she may not be considered truly female.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Ah yes, she was so fast they ran tests on her, amirite?

The gender tab idea is stupid because it shouldn't matter and would indeed make it seem cruisy. If you're curious, send a user a PM and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I will not miss the Keihin Tohoku when I jump in front of it.

I don't care enough to do that.

Seen quite a few conversations that go back and forth and then end up, Oh your a chick?/ dude? or incorrect suggestions given to presumption of gender so I thought it could be handy. Seems like no one agrees so once again, meh.

Also I have no idea what you mean when you say 'cruisy' does it mean trying to pick up?

I know new zealand is a bit backward but does everyone there live in the 1950's or is it just you?

Cruisy means "cruising for ass" like a gay bar in Berlin with a no pants dress code or the Casual Encounters section of Craigslist.org

If you don't care enough, certainly you don't care enough to have some kind of indicator either. That's just lazy

Well I don't have any such ulterior motive although I did consider that as the major downside of the idea.

I just thought it would be handy as an instant reference when replying to some questions.

Working toward a progressive world means not taking gender into account when talking to people. The internet is a good place to practice.

I <3 Melon Soda

Quote Originally Posted by Meelynn View Post
    Working toward a progressive world means not taking gender into account when talking to people. The internet is a good place to practice.
    I can see what Running Roku is getting at, though, because when people ask things like, "What do I wear to work? Are earrings ok?" it makes a difference. Considering gender makes a difference to the people you will meet in Japan, the advice given will be different for some situations.

Though in a case like that, I think it's probably better for people to volunteer the information themselves when they ask the question.

yeah that is what I am getting at, and I have seen heaps of other examples of the same type of questions, but perhaps the downsides outweigh the convenience.

Well I'll clear it up for you. I am post-op female.

I thought abortions were called procedures rather than operations? Or are you referring to your liposuction?