Thread: Eight-legged freaks!

Default Eight-legged freaks!

What are the giant spiders living outside my apartment and why are they so resistant to poison?

They're HUGE. The bodies are about the size of my ear, and they have short little legs. They're brown coloured, and they move really fast.

I've spider-sprayed the hell out of them, with no result. I think they're breeding.

I'm normally all for leaving nature alone if it stays outside my apartment, but they keep spinning webs across my doorway and getting in and out is beginning to feel like the gauntlet of doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Roving_gypsy_gurl View Post
    The bodies are about the size of my ear, and they have short little legs. They're brown coloured, and they move really fast.
    Brazilians?

Default Re: Eight-legged freaks!

Lesbians?

Quote Originally Posted by Roving_gypsy_gurl View Post
    I think they're breeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigeasy View Post
    Lesbians?
    I think we need to have a talk

do they look like this?

Brown huntsman spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's not much you can do really, they're everywhere where I live too and you just have to get used to it. Well, the small ones anyway. I found one that was the size of my palm, it was massive. Brought back all those shivers from watching a grainy bootlegged copy of Arachnophobia as a child!

Harmless, they just keep the bugs away.

No, their legs are shorter than that.

LOL at the breeding lesbians, by the way.

Welcome to Japan. I live on the second floor and I fling water at them to knock them down.

P.S. I've never been able to make it all the way through arachnaphobia. Granted the last time I tried I was like 6.
    Last edited by southpaw; September 2nd, 2009 at 09:40.

why oh why did I click on the link. I've been getting better but damn
    I firmly believe that goofy and awkward are the signs of awesome.

You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

If spraying them doesn`t work you could try a good, old-fashioned smack with a shoe? I have big spiders around my place, too, and I try to herd them back outside first, but when that doesn`t work I use a flyswatter. My little grocery store also has a whole section for bug poisons and sprays (and a lot of them have pictures of which bugs they kill on the bottle) so maybe you can ask the store clerk which one would work best. Good luck!

The second I find one of the monster spiders, from outside my house, in my house, I will probably shit myself and die. I am pretty damn arachnophobic... and there was a huge spider about 20 feet from my house, after a particularly windy week, his web is gone.... He butt alone is as big as my ear. and he has the build of a black widow.... i got the shivers just talking about it. I think if i were to try and hit him with a show, he would take it from me....

Depending on the size, I can deal with them, and it's worth it to leave them alone, since they probably won't crawl over your face while you sleep and instead eat the annoying bugs in your house, like fucking silverfish. If they're huge I eliminate them. My favorite time was when one decided to scare the shit out of me in the shower. I looked at it, said, "You have to die for that", and blasted it with hot water. No spider likes that. Also, one was lying right there on the floor when I came home with the girlfriend once, and I wanted to shoo it out of the house. She was like, "Don't worry, they run away!" While I contemplated that this was the entire premise behind shooing it outside, she blows on it and makes it run into an unreachable corner. I was pretty angry.

Think I actually got bitten today, since I walked into a web that was across the door this morning and now have a big red welt on my upper arm where the spider landed. Still, my co-teacher assures me I'll live and I actually feel better since "the worst" has happened and I only have a lump to show for it.

Still, looking forward to the first Hokkaido snow wiping out the lot of them once and for all!