View Poll Results: Do you brush your teeth at school?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah! Like everyday!

5 20.83%
  • Umm.. No. I like having fish bones stuck between my teeth

19 79.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brushing your teeth at school

Default Brushing your teeth at school

The whole school does it after kyuushoku, do you?

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Default Re: Brushing your teeth at school

At my school, not all, but many people brush their teeth after lunch.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

yeah but do you do it?
    absolutely everyone at my school does it and im kinda wondering if i should or not?

FiercestCalm

If you don't want to do it don't do it.

Brushing your teeth in the middle of the day is for nerds and kids with braces.

yeah I've seen it (although not all the teachers), and doing it myself hasnt even crossed my mind

Quote Originally Posted by FiercestCalm View Post

And to promote good dental hygiene among the children.

FiercestCalm

Quote Originally Posted by Coollead View Post
    And to promote good dental hygiene among the children.
    Do the homeroom teachers do it in their classrooms/in the hallway sinks in your experience?

I don't think mine do. We have a couple of people that brush their teeth, but they're in the minority.

yeah ive seen posters the kids have drawn that are supposed to promote teeth brushing after meals.

its just that i felt kinda out of place (and a little bit naughty) because i dont brush my teeth when everyones walking around with a toothbrush in their mouth... reminds me of a giant slumber party

Do the homeroom teachers do it in their classrooms/in the hallway sinks in your experience?

I don't think mine do. We have a couple of people that brush their teeth, but they're in the minority.
    Depends...at JHS, nope. The kids don't do it, and very few teachers do...

At the Kindergarten/Day Cares, they teachers do it along with the students. In addition, at Day Cares, the teacher also brushes the teeth of the students once they finish for themselves.

All the teachers/students brush after lunch at the ES and JHS I'm at. They really go at it too, and it seems like a good thing as almost all of the kids have really nice teeth. It's too late for some of the teachers, but at least they don't have the corpse-shit-in-my-mouth breath like a lot of Japanese people do.

That being said, I don't brush after lunch. I have a small bottle of Listerine in my desk that I'll use occasionally, but that's it. I've gone 23 years without a cavity, so I'll stick with my two-a-day schedule.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Just for that I'm going to pass the next time you offer to make out with me. Your breath has got to be kickin like Bruce Lee.

Deleted

I don't do it, but a lot of the teachers do. I think it's a little too intimate to see someone you're not related to brushing their teeth on a regular basis... especially if they talk to you while they're doing it. I'm at a high school and I don't know how many of the kids do it. They usually try to scarf their lunch in breaks between classes so that they can go to club at lunchtime...almost no one actually eats lunch at lunchtime.

On the otherhand, sometimes I find myself wishing I kept a toothbrush at school after a particularly pungent lunch-no one likes curry breath.

At both my schools, every student and teacher brushes after lunch, so, when in Rome...

I figure they want me to set the same example as all the other teachers, and hell, it makes my mouth feel nice and clean, anyway. Judging from the condition of the teeth around here, though, I don't know that it's doing any good. Having tried Japanese toothpaste once, I can't say I'm surprised--it felt like brushing my teeth with cake icing. I'm glad I brought a decent supply from the 'States...

"You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless! You've got to hope even more, and cover your ears and go 'Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah!!'"

had first kyuushoku today. yummmmmmmmm
    Girl you thought he was a man, but he was Muffin!

Quote Originally Posted by liroku View Post
    At both my schools, every student and teacher brushes after lunch, so, when in Rome...

I figure they want me to set the same example as all the other teachers, and hell, it makes my mouth feel nice and clean, anyway. Judging from the condition of the teeth around here, though, I don't know that it's doing any good. Having tried Japanese toothpaste once, I can't say I'm surprised--it felt like brushing my teeth with cake icing. I'm glad I brought a decent supply from the 'States...
    When in Rome, do what you do at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I will not miss the Keihin Tohoku when I jump in front of it.

I'm a dental hygeine freak so I jumped on this chance to do it and not look like the freak.
    HAPPY HAPPY FUN CUTE HAPPY

HEARTS AND STARS

I think I'm a lesbian now.
    But not really.

A few teachers at my old school did. I would just watch them and sigh because I knew they were using crappy Japanese toothpaste. I usually just chew a piece of sugarfree gum at my desk after I'm done eating. I just don't feel like keeping a toothbrush and toothpaste in my desk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Only a fool would do a teachers workload for an assistants salary.

argh.. its teeth brushing time right...... NOW!
    after reading ciaobebe's post, i had to double check myself for bad breath because todays kyuushoku was curry... with some sort of bubble gum textured fish(?) in it.
    not the best but atleast its not some fish head dried fishy stuff i have to consume.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

i havent been to the dentist in 9 years
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

I had curry for school lunch yesterday, was damn good.