Thread: Invited to some elementary school thing...

Default Invited to some elementary school thing...

I'm in Nagasaki-ken and I've been invited to some kind of picnic/event for elementary school students in a neighboring city. I think they're inviting other ALTs from the area as well. Has anyone had experience with these kinda things before? I'm a high school ALT so I thought it might be fun to hang out with the little kids for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    I'm in Nagasaki-ken and I've been invited to some kind of picnic/event for elementary school students in a neighboring city. I think they're inviting other ALTs from the area as well. Has anyone had experience with these kinda things before? I'm a high school ALT so I thought it might be fun to hang out with the little kids for a day.
    I've never been to anything like that, but it would probably be ridiculously fun and I'd sure snap up the chance. Go for it!

Default Re: Invited to some elementary school thing...

Much what Sorccy says. I've never had that but I figure just behave but have fun if you got the time for it! Enjoy yourself!
    My Hastily Taken Photos are Better Than Your Hastily Taken Photos (My Flickr)

Quote Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
    I think the urge to become a cyborg is instinctual.

United States; Hoboken NJ Fujisato, Akita

Yeah I actually got invited to the neighboring schools sumo tournament I might go to.
    Superman once wrote on the wall: "Batman is a wimp."
    The next day Batman wrote: "Superman is Clark Kent."

You should definitely go. It's so different to SHS and there probably won't be many invites like this. Carpool if they're inviting others.

I used to do elementary school visits once in awhile. They're a ton of fun and definitely worth doing if you have the opportunity. Heh, those kids are usually a hell of a lot more enthusiastic about speaking English than in other school levels, so it can be a breath of fresh air.
    http://tokyoscum.blogspot.com/ I'm a complete dick or your money back!

GentleよりWildに, WildよりDangerous, 試してみれば!

さいて! さいた! 風に揺られて
    おだやかな坂は薄化粧
    下駄鳴らして口笛合わせ
    凛として はんなりの こころ

東方封魔録

cool, thanks guys. sounds like a good time.

I'm sure it'll be great, but, erm, you might want to give some parts of your body extra padding just in case. They tend to be alright in school, but unleash them on an outing and you might become the ALT jungle gym. I'm ridiculously ticklish, word got out, and I was pestered by the yellow hats at the school gates, at the bus stop, they cornered me outside the post office - all good fun for 2 years. Transferred to SHS and different area in my last year it was so weird not to have a bit of celebrity in the neighbourhood!