Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ban Candy

Default Ban Candy

Seriously, are bans just going to be handed out at random soon enough? Do infraction points mean anything if the mods can just vote or decide whether or not to ban, regardless of accrued infraction points?
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Default Re: Ban Candy

Waaaa! Waaaa!!! My butt buddy got banned so now I want the disciplinary policies to be enforced as written! It's not funny anymore guys! Waaaaa!
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Why? What happened?
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHakujin View Post
    Seriously, are bans just going to be handed out at random soon enough? Do infraction points mean anything if the mods can just vote or decide whether or not to ban, regardless of accrued infraction points?
    I thought there were certain infractions that resulted in bans, regardless of points. I'd assume too that prior behaviour has in influence as well. Puma has posted PMs on the board before, so maybe he's on a shorter leash than most.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Puma's PM reference was soooo vague that you wouldn't have even known it was about a PM.

Anyway, Hyakuman got 2 points but then after a mod discussion it was changed to ban. Puma got 3 points for this offense, but then it was changed to a ban. What is even the purpose of points?
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

could some one ban Mothy...really ban him, like hard with lots of KY gel and some whips?
    When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHakujin View Post
    Puma's PM reference was soooo vague that you wouldn't have even known it was about a PM.

Anyway, Hyakuman got 2 points but then after a mod discussion it was changed to ban. Puma got 3 points for this offense, but then it was changed to a ban. What is even the purpose of points?
    to trick you into believing that the powers that be actually cares about you and that they aren't after your lucky charms
    When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself

Quote Originally Posted by swedeinshiga View Post
    could some one ban Mothy...really ban him, like hard with lots of KY gel and some whips?
    I've been trying to get banned for months now. But all I was able to get was for my posts to be banned. Bah! I don't know what else I can do.
    mothy 6.1.12

Just ask to be banned. I hope they gladly give it to you.

Power, Patience, Speed.

well you could start posting pics of yourself and those sheeps you found last week....that should do the job

An infraction is an official warning. You're right, it has little real bearing. It's the traffic violation of the board. You get it yeah it kind of sucks, but in the long run it has little overall effect. But you keep getting them and you don't pay then you get banned.

Yeah we can ban on the spot but puma gave out a pm after being banned at least TWICE for similar violations of privacy.

I mean, seriously, I think we are as lenient as possible in the grand scheme of things but when someone is just so obviously trying to violate the rules, whether to get attention, get purposefully banned or just trying to make a point against the mods, it kind of leaves us with no little recourse.

As for Hyakuman's case. C'mon, I like the guy IRL *AND* online but pull the tail on the tiger and you shouldn't be surprised at the results. For the record Wicket had absolutely nothing to do with the ban.

I'm repeating myself but honestly, it's a website. But even then we don't want to become BD Part II. Oh wait.
    Last edited by Oneiro; September 14th, 2009 at 15:10.
    My Hastily Taken Photos are Better Than Your Hastily Taken Photos (My Flickr)

Quote Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
    I think the urge to become a cyborg is instinctual.

Quote Originally Posted by swedeinshiga View Post
    well you could start posting pics of yourself and those sheeps you found last week....that should do the job
    The pics turned out blurry. It just looks like I'm wearing a wool coat.
    mothy 6.1.12

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiro View Post

I'm repeating myself but honestly, it's a website. But even then we don't want to become BD Part II. Oh wait.
    Yeah, a bit too late for that.

Power, Patience, Speed.

You may want to re-think posting this topic in AG.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    I always wanted to play black flag football, but there were never enough minorities.

Why? Anything goes right?

Power, Patience, Speed.

1. You've already been told to keep this in site discussion
    B. 3 points is an instant ban
    ウ. that's the way the cookie crumbles

FiercestCalm

You gonna get banned, son.

All of the above is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by danielplainview View Post
    1. The hyakuman ban was not a result of posts in AG, it was the result of things that happened in Applying.

2. I do not ban people for expressing opinions in AG

3. I will ban people who consciously test our reslove in Applying.

good day.

Power, Patience, Speed.

nobody has been banned for expressing opinions in AG as far as I'm aware. If you could point me in the direction of such an occurrence I would be happy to investigate it for you.

Administrator and Moderator decisions

If you have a complaint or other issue with a decision made by the board staff, you should contact us directly so we can consider your complaint/issue and inform you of the final decision. Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the board to send us an email. If an idea requires public scrutiny, you may create a post in either "Site Related" or the "VIP Only" forum. All conversations with ITIL staff through PMs, e-mails, or any other medium are strictly confidential, and may not be published without the consent of the Administrators.
    Relevant parts bolded.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    I always wanted to play black flag football, but there were never enough minorities.