Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pension Refund Form

Default Pension Refund Form

Hi kiddos,

I'm trying to fill in my pension refund and I have the basic pension number as printed in my little book but is that the only number I need (I bloody well hope as it's the only number I have) or do I need to fill in one of the numbers below as well.

Similarly the next page which asks you to fill in when you were enrolled - does that need to be filled in and if so which type of insurance was it?

Cheers
    Melanie: back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdDxFsopVs

'Oh it's so wonderful to be an older woman. All this old stuff to do'

Quote Originally Posted by dombay View Post
    Hi kiddos,

I'm trying to fill in my pension refund and I have the basic pension number as printed in my little book but is that the only number I need (I bloody well hope as it's the only number I have) or do I need to fill in one of the numbers below as well.

Similarly the next page which asks you to fill in when you were enrolled - does that need to be filled in and if so which type of insurance was it?

Cheers
    I fucked up my copy [my pen burst - argh], is there a website with it where it can be downloaded?

Best of luck with your copy.

Default Re: Pension Refund Form

Yea just google 'Japan Social Insurance' and you'll find the website.

Yeah after looking everywhere for a second possible number I determined that was the only one you need. I'm sure I could be wrong but that's what it seems like.

Also for the second page I circled National Pension but I could be completely wrong on that one, so if anyone knows anything about that that'd be awesome.
    HAPPY HAPPY FUN CUTE HAPPY

HEARTS AND STARS

I think I'm a lesbian now.
    But not really.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

the japanese on the pension book says Basic Pension number, but really you should write that number int he Employment pension box. thats what we tell all the ALTs that call back to my office after leaving.
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Cheers Mark, Yuffie.

I thought we couldn't do anything until 3 months after leaving? Did you guys get this 'form' in the mail or something?

I did everything correctly before I left, but haven't heard from anyone since returning home.
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

I got the form from the BoE at a meeting before leaving. If yours didn't give you one you can just google Japanese pension refund like dombay said and get the form. As far as what I can tell you can send it in right away I think, no one told me otherwise and nothing in the packet of information seems to say that. I know it might take a while for it to show up in your account though. I haven't sent mine out yet anyway so maybe I'll look it over again and see what's up.

Did you at least get your little pension book from your CO? That part is kind of important.
    HAPPY HAPPY FUN CUTE HAPPY

HEARTS AND STARS

I think I'm a lesbian now.
    But not really.

I did everything by the book, including the tax refund on the pension return.

I just under the impression we had to wait for a letter or something before we go ahead and get the money. It's been 3 months by now, so I should go through all the leavers material again....

or wait until the exchange rate improves :/
    Me Rikey Very Much!!!

hometown: Perth, Western Australia - Was a JET in Yabu-shi, Hyogo-ken for 5 years, now in Taiwan

so.... I am living in Taiwan now... but my mail from Japan is going to my family's address in Australia.

I applied for my pension refund and they sent some kind of letter to my parents asking for confirmation that I wanted my pension in cash, etc and not transferred to my Australian pension.

Did anyone else get this letter? What exactly does it say? Because my parents forwarded the letter to me, but it seems to have been lost in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Timoshi View Post
    I thought we couldn't do anything until 3 months after leaving? Did you guys get this 'form' in the mail or something?

I did everything correctly before I left, but haven't heard from anyone since returning home.
    I mailed mine within a week of arriving home, received the letter about payment the other day and it looks like 15 Feb is payment day.
    Profanity is the crutch of the inarticulate motherfucker.

Shake your titties while you vote, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by cottamg View Post
    so.... I am living in Taiwan now... but my mail from Japan is going to my family's address in Australia.

I applied for my pension refund and they sent some kind of letter to my parents asking for confirmation that I wanted my pension in cash, etc and not transferred to my Australian pension.

Did anyone else get this letter? What exactly does it say? Because my parents forwarded the letter to me, but it seems to have been lost in the mail.
    Yeah, my parents got the same thing.

Cha-chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!

Did it just appear in your bank account, or did you get a letter about it as well?

I got a letter.

Yeah coz you have to take that letter and send it (well the receipt) back to your tax rep so you can claim the 20% withheld for taxes...

Did you guys actually get the pension refund on the 15th? Or just a letter telling you that you would get your refund soon?

I sent my forms in August, got a letter asking if I wanted to withdraw my pension or stay in the system (I was in Japan for 5 years), returned that....and haven't heard anything since.

I know a bunch of people that got the money on the 15th.

Still waiting for mine as well.

Curse you Japanese bureaucracy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rox View Post
    Did you guys actually get the pension refund on the 15th? Or just a letter telling you that you would get your refund soon?

I sent my forms in August, got a letter asking if I wanted to withdraw my pension or stay in the system (I was in Japan for 5 years), returned that....and haven't heard anything since.
    Man, I hope you see my quote... I didn't send in my refund forms until late October, but I got the SAME letter about March or so asking if I wanted to withdraw or stay in. Needless to say, it's kind of disconcerting that they have to ask at all - if you went through all of the trouble of filling out the forms, sending in the book, etc, do you really need to say "yes" again? I feel like it's a way to try and staunch the flow of funds outside of Japan, but I guess that's kind of a pessimistic view.

Anyway, now that we've gotten to September and I STILL don't have my money, it'd be great to hear if somebody in the same position got theirs a little later. Reply to defendership at gmail dot com if you get this message (or anybody else who can answer it). Thanks!