Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Questions Specifically regarding Application

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    If you think the JET program wastes paper, just wait until you're working in a Japanese school...
    Or just take a Japanese class... I swear in my Japanese classes, we go through 100+ handouts every semester... I think I get more paper then I did in elementary school..
    "Psychologically, you have to have confidence in yourself and this confidence should be based on fact."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chax View Post
    What do they do with all those applications. They must get around 3,000 applications, each of which is around 50 pages.

Do they just shred them when they're finished? That seems like a gigantic waste.
    It would be an even bigger waste if they didn't and just left them sitting in a filing cabinet or box somewhere. At least they can shred and recycle it.

I read on BD that for the medical form, you were to ONLY answer yes or no. However, I answered with full sentences, if applicable. IDK, some of the questions would not have made sense to just answer "no" to.

Uhhhhh.... Idk. I feel slightly nervous, but they wouldn't toss out my app because I used full sentences and sounded like an intelligent human being, right? I feel like this is a stupid concern, but who knows? It's not like they need much reason to throw your app out.

In addition, one of my refs gave me three envelopes, and I paperclipped them together, but BD seems to be of the opinion that this will disqualify you.... true/false?
    Last edited by tiphylou; November 22nd, 2009 at 14:16.

Default Re: Questions Specifically regarding Application

You're fine on both counts. Though I find it concerning that you are "BD said this, BD said that" and didn't just go read the instructions on the application again.

Default Re: Questions Specifically regarding Application

Well one of my answers on the self medical form were cut off (under Question 8) because I was overly-detailed about my Tonsillitis symptoms.

So is this auto-dq? Should I try to handwrite the full response on the printed application?
    Last edited by burdener; November 23rd, 2009 at 18:37.

let's talk about socks gingerbread's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chax View Post
    What do they do with all those applications. They must get around 3,000 applications, each of which is around 50 pages.

Do they just shred them when they're finished? That seems like a gigantic waste.
    what do you think they should do, put them all in binders and look back lovingly upon them year after year?

I'm sure it's just because it's easier to pull the paper clip off and chuck them in the recycling bin, as opposed to making an intern slave away at removing staples from stacks and stacks of papers.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbread View Post
    what do you think they should do, put them all in binders and look back lovingly upon them year after year?
    They might keep a copy while your on the programme or they may need to keep one for auditing purposes.