Thread: Confirmation Card

Default Confirmation Card

I was wondering if anyone else has received one yet. I just got mine in this weekend on Saturday.

Pandilex

If you mean the stamped-addressed-envelope, I got mine about 3 days after I posted it.

I also had to send one of my letter of references again because it was from my Japanese teacher, and written in Japanese... and apparently they need them in English this year ( unlike last year, apparently).

So I e-mailed them afterwards just to check my application was complete (since they sent out a letter saying it was incomplete, please send an english translation of the reference), and they said yes it was

Your lucky, I don't think they contact us when our application is incomplete.

Pandilex

They must do, they sent me a standard letter saying "Your application is incomplete" with a load of check boxes like

[] Reference Missing
    [] Statement Missing
    etc.

With the stuff that's missing ticked. They wrote on the bottom of mine that both references must be in english.

I didn't inclose an SAE, I just sent it special delivery to know that it arrived. They might have chucked it straight in the bin .

Mine came back because one of my original transcripts didn't look official enough.

Ie It wasn't in colour.

I got my confirmation card/SAE in the mail today, though it may have arrived over the weekend and I just didn't check my mailbox. It makes me feel a lot better to know that at least they really got it, and they didn't throw it out right away.
    ~Indigo

Whilst I feel a little more relaxed knowing that they recieved my application, I stil have no idea what they think of it (and the two dreadful spelling mistakes contained within). I checked the presonal statement many times but not the application form itself... (regret!)

I did get my SAE back very quickly, 3 dyas after I dropped the application package off at the post office.

In the big, boring middle of my long book of life...

..still waiting for my SASE.... wonder what's holding up the line? I sent it in Priority Mail, with Delivery Confirmation... haven't gotten the confirmation back yet either.

... this does not bode well. I'm gonna be pissed if it got lost somewhere between here at the embassy. I mean, fer crimeny's sake, it's only 1 day's drive from here!
    "Apparently, this is the price I pay for years of screwing with Super-Science."
    -Dr. Venture

Not recieved mine either.........i'm gonna ring them today just to make sure it wasn't lost.......

Haven't received my self addressed stamped envelope yet, but it's only been two weeks since I mailed it in. I'm sure they're quite busy with all the last minute applications that came in. (plus it's the holidays)

I received my SASE today. I sent my application on the 27th of November...

Let the waiting begin...

In the big, boring middle of my long book of life...

Got my USPS confirmation of Delivery last evening, and my app arrived and was signed for on Dec. 1st, 10:30am.

Nothing like cutting it close, eh? 8O
    "Apparently, this is the price I pay for years of screwing with Super-Science."
    -Dr. Venture

I recieved my confirmation card today and I sent my application out November 24th.

My girlfriend and I just received our SASEs with confirmation slips back from the EoJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    My girlfriend and I just received our SASEs with confirmation slips back from the EoJ.
    ^^^ Is me ! We sent our applications in together on November 24th.

The confirmation card is the last stage I succeeded at last year...Give me my interview!!!

Sent 22nd, received 23rd, but no confirmation card. Did I get screened out? I think I got screened out.

Oh God!

Is it even possible to be screened out so early, before the application's even looked at...? I've heard rumors of how tough the application process can be, but that just seems a little too nasty to be believable.
    ~Indigo

A confirmation card isn't part of screening - its simply a card that confirms that they recieved your package, and nothing more. You might try ringing them if you are feeling nervous, and politely explain that it has been a couple of weeks, etc.