Thread: Lesson for girls who are too cool for school?

Default Lesson for girls who are too cool for school?

Once or twice a month, I teach a couple of all-girl classes at my technical high school. Many of these girls are the types with 25 year old boyfriends, makeup, hiked up skirts, and "I'm too cool for this" type attitudes. I really like them, but it's really difficult to motivate them. Games rarely work cause, you know, obviously, games are for losers. Does anyone have any type of activity that could work for these girls? The JTEs just want me to make lessons that are fun.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Re: Lesson for girls who are too cool for school?

ask them. I mean if they are too cool to answer then that can be a problem too but who knows they may surprise you.

Sounds like an awesome class though. what color/type school uniforms to they wear?
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Talk about stuff you do back home. A lot of my students like to see pictures of things they never seen before, even if they will never go, they still can dream. Just be very visual with them on things that you think whatever age range girl would like in general and try from there.

Fashion discussion. Create a list of English words/phrases and then bring in fashion magazines to talk about in English.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    I always wanted to play black flag football, but there were never enough minorities.

Insert American celebrities in your lessons that they are familiar with. I'm sure there are few things I've seen make some bored looking kids perk up than suddenly mentioning pop stars like Avril Lavigne (or somebody).

Also, have good prizes to give away for winning games. Try a mix CD.

hey thanks for all the suggestions. i'm currently working on a michael jackson lesson