Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wordsearch

Pandilex

Hahaha that's ridiculous!!! Naming an ice cream after a dialect!!! hahaha stupid people, jeez imagine if we had that here in the uk!!

hahahahaa

we'd probably have some kind of chocolate bar called yorkie or something hahahaa...

8O :arrow: :arrow: :!:

Quote Originally Posted by Pandilex
    <3
    I actually meant this little symbol! It looks like an ice-cream to me.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

personally, I always thought "Brummy Bars" sounds particularly delicious.

Pandilex

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandilex
    <3
    I actually meant this little symbol! It looks like an ice-cream to me.
    Oops ops:

Still they have that donut cake thing in germany called berliner...

Over-optimism modest chocolate and a soft marshmallow lead you in elegant tea time.

hannah-

if you want an activity to help with their speaking have you tried battleship? Do have a copy of the team taught pizza book? Has the rules all out in japanese and instead of doing A-I and 1-10 as the grid markers have it ask questions, well part questions such as

"can you ~?" where the other have might be something like "play the piano"

my girls really seem to like and my supervisor thinks its one of the best ideas.

Thanks for that mcristie!

I have got the team taught Pizza book but haven't had much oportunity to use it yet... will give that a go as soon as I get the chance. Cheers madears!

Han
    Over-optimism modest chocolate and a soft marshmallow lead you in elegant tea time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah
    I am struggling to get my kids to speak, as they are used to sitting and listening the whole lesson...
    I use wordsearch puzzles to calm my students down..the feckin monkeys.

The Battleships works top notch! (Did it with ni nenseis) Mind U, I am the school where the kids do behave on the whole. The seemed to enjoy it (it is difficult to tell sometimes!)

I'll attempt it with the rest of the Gojo rascals in the coming weeks!

Noel, I sypathise I really do! Go with the wordsearches if that is what works with the little buggers! (being polite!)

<:3___}--~

Pandilex

Half a mouse!

I'm confused. :?:
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Quote Originally Posted by ENAY
    <:3___}--~
    kawaii!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah
    Noel, I sypathise I really do! Go with the wordsearches if that is what works with the little buggers! (being polite!)
    Oh no, I love my students. I much rather have lively students than quiet ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Yea, wordsearch is for the last 5/10mins of the class, and for kids that don't pay attention during the class anyway and usually disrupt it. It's really surprising to see them turn the page over, see the wordsearch, then go to work and not utter a single word for the rest of the class. My school is really low level, so basically if I can get the students to behave, the JTEs are happy.
    I took the word search idea on board.

Most of my classes are planned to be 2 weekers. I usually get the students to write something along topical guidelines using a certain tense or vocabulary group and then in the second week they have to give a speech or a skit on what they have written. When I give the handouts now I attach a wordsearch to the back.
    It stops the lazy kids from sleeping but also gives the smart ones something to do should they finish everything before the end of class.
    It is very useful in classes of mixed ability (which unfortunately all of my classes).