Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 Applicant Time-Waster thread

Default Official 2010 Applicant Time-Waster thread

This is a thread designed to help pass the time for us applicants who are playing the seemingly never-ending waiting game. Hopefully it'll occupy our time and our minds for a while.

Why doesn't the word "umlaut" have an umlaut?

Did you know that the human bladder, when completely full, is about the size of a softball?

What's the grossest thing you've ever eaten? I had blood sausage when I was in Spain and it was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever ingested!

Are there any celebrities that you can't STAND? Whenever I see Nicholas Cage, I get this insane urge to punch him in the face. I don't know why but I just cannot stand the sight of him!

Default Re: Official 2010 Applicant Time-Waster thread

An icosahedron is a 20-sided 3D shape.

The most disgusting food I've ever had is STILL, without doubt, brussel sprouts.
    Hey girl...hey boy...superstar DJ's...HERE WE GO!!!

2010 UK JET applicants FB group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132972474462

I am known to be an insane picky eater.. But, the weirdest thing I have seen someone else eat was sheep balls... Smelled like shit, but they enjoyed it.. Yea.

YouTube - Coca Cola Freestyle This is the coolest soda machine ever. Check it out.

As for my random fact: California has issued at least 6 drivers licenses to people named Jesus Christ.
    "Psychologically, you have to have confidence in yourself and this confidence should be based on fact."

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacrmuk View Post

The most disgusting food I've ever had is STILL, without doubt, brussel sprouts.
    +1 Bleugh! baby cabbages! (I also dislike cabbage...)

Hmm a random fact.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked past a radar tube and it melted the chocolate bar in his pocket.. could do with some prailine chocolate right now mmmmmmm...

And a random thing:

I seem to find it quite funny that Hugh Laurie (a Brit) plays a grumpy American doctor on "House". Especially when his accent slips. And that most brits on american drama's are moody/have a rod up their ass. Prove me wrong!

Oh and Scrubs is badass!

Ah forgot the hated celeb bit! Atm i cant stand Jordan! (Katie Price) Urgh i used to be in her corner, now she can go fuck a duck - the only problem with that is she'd be all over the papers/news/TV again -sigh-

Beer & Loathing

If your aunt had testicles she'd be your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Variable Rush View Post
    If your aunt had testicles she'd be your uncle.
    LOL so true

Quote Originally Posted by IanExclamationMark View Post
    Are there any celebrities that you can't STAND? Whenever I see Nicholas Cage, I get this insane urge to punch him in the face. I don't know why but I just cannot stand the sight of him!
    btw nice thread Ian! on the topic of Nicholas Cage, i saw him at my university once filming for national treasure and it was then that i realized he was sooo short. i mean i'm 5'11 and he looked like he was no more than 5'6. its weird too, cause when u look online almost everywhere lists him as 6 ft but that cant be it cause the top of his head was up to my nose when i was watching him film

also i dont know why so many ppl hate on keanu reeves, i actually think he's pretty good
    Last edited by Trueno; November 29th, 2009 at 13:21.

I want to play while I'm here!
    hmm...

But probably the worst thing I've ever eaten was elephant. It tastes exactly the way you'd think an elephant might taste... just awful, tough, dry and bitter.
    whoah, I thought it was illegal to kill elephants, were you on some sort of top secret elephant poaching safari? Awesome.

Sorry, I'm in the middle of writing 2 papers so I'm having trouble remembering some little known facts but I'll try:

The word Mayan is only used when referring to the language or writing system, otherwise you call it 'Maya' or 'the Maya'

When you talk about Leonard Da Vinci you never refer to him by 'Da Vinci' since that's only where he's from and not a last name, you just call him Leonardo.

The first bowie knife was made in Arkansas, I'm just including this one because it's from Arkansas.
    Sorry none of my facts are super interesting lol.

The grossest thing I've ever eaten was fondue. I just really really hate cheese and this cheese was so smelly and tasted like a foot. This beat out snake and squirrel, my step uncle was a pretty big red-neck lol.

I HATE Sandra Bullock and Kristin Dunst (my pet name for her is snaggle tooth) and I'm not sure why. I'm sticking to celebrities, if I included people in politics or who talk about them my list would be pretty long.
    Last edited by rebecca09suzanne; November 29th, 2009 at 12:37.

Ugh Glen Beck is a moronnn.

You guys have eaten some weird stuff! (WTF TARANTULA?!). But I actually like brussel sprouts hahaha

Good gawd I can't stand Keanu Reeves either! My impression of him is awesome "...whut? I have to save the world...again?". "....whut? I have to save the world from demons...again?" "...whut? I'm here to destroy the world....again?"

On the topic of "celebrities", why the hell are certain people like the Kardashians and the Lamas(?!) popular??? I blame VH1.

Sinderella, WTF is with that Jordan person you linked?! She looks so gross haha

Here's a fact:

Sauna is the only Finnish word used in the English language.

Beer & Loathing

I thought the story behind the Bowie knife was that Jim Bowie made it from a meteorite he saw go down while camping somewhere. I'll have to research that in a bit.

David Bowie is also in just about every video game ever made.

My mind had a blank and I didn't even think of asian elephants. It may have tasted bad because they didn't kill it before they ate it but waited for it to die, supposedly that will make the meat taste spoiled. I'm not willing to test that theory out and will just take your word that elephant meat isn't tasty.

I also take back my nastiest food, I fogot that I've eaten coagulated pig blood. The spider description reminded me.

Quote Originally Posted by Variable Rush View Post
    I thought the story behind the Bowie knife was that Jim Bowie made it from a meteorite he saw go down while camping somewhere. I'll have to research that in a bit.
    I've never heard that, that bit of stupid information is the only thing I remember from the Arkansas history class I had in middle school.

Quote Originally Posted by IanExclamationMark View Post

Sinderella, WTF is with that Jordan person you linked?! She looks so gross haha
    Shes some "famous" Brit, shes "famous" in the sense that she got her jugs out for the Sun NSFW and getting Married to Peter Andre then divorcing him got a breast enlargement, then reduction then an enlargement, shagged a footballer (Dwight York NSFW maybe ... ) had his deaf son he denied it she wrote to the papers, and has written 3 autobiographies ... not quite in that order though, did i mention she writes childrens stories about pony's too??? Theres more but i've already brought to much attention to her!

With jordan, you either lover her or hate her, i used to like her but now.... which brings me on to another edible i cant stand - Marmite!!!

If marmite is anything like vegimite, I can't do it. Blechhh

Lady Gaga. Love? Hate? Hate to love? Love to hate? Let's discuss.

I fall into the "Love" category, personally

Im ga ga about ga ga (sorry couldn’t help myself with that one!).

If Lady gaga hadn’t been writing for the stars since the age of 14 and just came out of the blue all whacky and strange i probably wouldn’t like her as i would assume she was a talentless swine.

But i genuinely think Lady GaGa is very talented (ugly as fuck in the real life though without all the slap) and her eccentricities make her all the better. Not like a tool, like Rhianna... (poor Rhi-Rhi )

Beer & Loathing

You guys cannot see my poker face.

Also, as for Bowie in every game: David Bowie is in every videogame ever. - NeoGAF

There are over 200 slang terms for marijuana in the popular vernacular. Some of the more common nicknames include pot, grass, weed, hash, and ganja.

ShamWow Guy in FL after he got beat up by a prostitute
    Last edited by Trueno; November 30th, 2009 at 10:12.

I honestly think Lady Gaga's kind of hot. Not *really* hot, but kinda. And the trannie thing is complete bull. I've seen pictures of her from when she was younger. If she got the operation, it was before college. Plus she wears way too revealing of clothes to get away with hiding a peen.

Grossest thing I've ever eaten? Probably a boiled chicken foot. Though from what I've seen, I'm looking forward to eating much grosser stuff once I get to Japan.

I had no idea David Bowie was in every video game ever! This will change my future gaming experiences. Whether for the better or the worse, we will see. I don't know whether it will be funny or terrifying to see him in every game I play from now on. Probably a lot of both, I'd imagine.

I'm late to the party but I like this thread.

In that case, you'll love the best movie poster ever.

I actually can't think of anyone I hate to the point of rage right now, but normally I am all about hating on celebrities for absolutely no reason so I am sure I will return to this topic. I mean, Robert Pattinson annoys me, but it's not like that's original or anything. (Speaking of Robert Pattinson, he actually was supposed to make an appearance at the Hot Topic in the mall where I work a couple years back, but two girls got into a fistfight and in the end no one was allowed to see him. Haha, suckers.)