Thread: Taxes on the JET Programme after leaving

Default Taxes on the JET Programme after leaving

Hey, how do you get the tax slip from your school once you've left? I want to file my 2009 taxes for the US but I need to have a statement of my income from my former BOE in Japan. Can they mail the statement to an international address or is there some other way of procuring it?

When I talked to my school way back in July, they refused to give me an income statement as the year was not yet over.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

Default Re: Taxes on the JET Programme after leaving

thats not cool of thme. We give all of our leaving ALTs income slips just before they leave covering all the money they made to that point. I have had people call me later on though and request new ones, while i can not produce an official copy, i can make a xerox of the one my office has on file and then send it. so i would assume your BOE could do the same thing.
    what you are looking for is your....

Statement of Earnings (源泉徴収票 gensen chōshūhyō)
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

Ugh yeah I completely forgot about this crap until now and last year had a tough time getting it from my supervisor, she kept telling me I didn't need it for some reason until we all ganged up on her and asked for it.

Thanks for the kanji, hopefully that will help this time around. We were just trying to describe what it was we needed last time and she was like eee?
    HAPPY HAPPY FUN CUTE HAPPY

HEARTS AND STARS

I think I'm a lesbian now.
    But not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Urthona View Post
    Hey, how do you get the tax slip from your school once you've left? I want to file my 2009 taxes for the US but I need to have a statement of my income from my former BOE in Japan. Can they mail the statement to an international address or is there some other way of procuring it?

When I talked to my school way back in July, they refused to give me an income statement as the year was not yet over.
    relly? So i want to ur 2009 taxes for the US

Statement of Earnings (源泉徴収票 gensen chōshūhyō) is supposed to be given to you on your last day of work as well as a letter of release (basically saying that you are no longer working there)

However, if you have a permanent address in Japan and you were not fired or did not have a contract renewed (ie you left your job, quit or whatever) they often will not send them until January of the following year. However they are usually required for visa renewals as well as unemployment benefits thus they can be produced by the employer at anytime throughout the year (applying for housing and car loans, visa renewals, and a couple other reasons I can't remember at the moment)