View Poll Results: does adding a poll later work?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • No

2 66.67%

Thread: Minor things that could do with being fixed

Default Minor things that could do with being fixed

-Applying description says that Ini still moderates it.
    -For some reason it says I have one unread PM but I totally do not.
    -The Request Medal thing doesn't work (tho maybe that's done now?)
    Shut up Hikari / Muffles / uthinkimlost. (delete as appropriate)

Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

Default Re: Minor things that could do with being fixed

Thanks, I'll fix the applying description and will take a look at the others when I have time
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Can we have the right to deleat double posts etc back?

Have we always been able to add polls to topics after we have created them?
    (by clicking Thread Tools > Add a Poll )

I just did it and it worked, Is it new?

minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

You can edit posts surely and remove the content like on any other board

Poll thing isn't new afaik.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

While you're in a tinkering mood, would it be possible to turn on/set-up a word filter on here? Kinda like Fark.com or Cracked has where swear words have a star in them (fuck -> f*ck/f---/f***)? I don't mind the swearing myself, but I've been thinking lately that it wouldn't be too good for a teacher to catch a random glance of our screens when they're full of swear words.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Tell them to fuck off and quit being so fucking nosey.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

No, swear words will not be censored.

I meant as an optional filter. Cracked.com among others gives users the option to turn the swear filter on, or leave it off. It'd be like the on/off thing for avatars.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Wouldn't f*** attract someone's eye more than fuck mixed in with other words?

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Wouldn't f*** attract someone's eye more than fuck mixed in with other words?
    Dashes could work as well. I bet they wouldn't even look twice at f---. Even if they did notice the stars, we could just lie to them about what it means (unlike if they see FUCK plastered across the screen).

As well, there's the web-filter side of it too. How many people get pages of threads blocked because their filter was tripped because someone wrote something particularly bad on a given page?

It would be nice to have the option. It doesn't have to be required of everyone, but like the on/off avatar option, it'd just be available to those who want it.

isn't it built into vBulletin anyway? just switch it on as optional and let the little stingy kid be happy.

also: as IF they are going to be looking long enough to work it out? work on your ALT+TAB skills.
    Last edited by Tarquin; January 14th, 2010 at 16:31.

Every "fuck" and "cunt" I write is precious. I don't want my beautiful children edited!
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

I'll think about it. It hasn't been a problem up to now so we'll see if it's required or not. If viewing the site at work is a problem, there may be a different solution required than changing how the site operates.

However, have you tried looking for a firefox plugin that censors words?