Thread: Scheduled downtime

Default Scheduled downtime

The current company we are with for hosting this server has not responded to any of my queries for the past 6 or 7 weeks. That's why the hotmail/live.com issue is still there.

As the annual server hosting bill is upon us on the 9th of Feb, I'm going to make a full backup and move the site over to another company - one that the company I work for uses and is simply top-class.

This will mean some downtime. Probably Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th Feb.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Default Re: Scheduled downtime

emma chizit?
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

406 US Dollars :/
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

oh, sorry - i thought the notice referred to the old cost.
    bit thick lately.
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Does that include donations already made pre-christmas... I raised about 100$ making paint christmas cards for donators... I could start a new one up for valentine's day....
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

you'll never see that money, safely hidden in a cambodian bank account
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

We do have money already in the donation kitty. I'll post totals later today if I remember

Post a total, and I'll donate. I have plenty of US dollars.

Well, the total required for the year (feb to feb) is $406. I've checked the kitty and we have exactly $408.28.

So, we're sorted until feb next year but donations are always appreciated so we aren't on a mad scramble to get funds like a few years back. I'd like to start the ball rolling on donations for feb 2011 to feb 2012, slowly but surely.

FiercestCalm

Who donated 28 cents?

Paypal / conversion fees

Right, did the transfer over tonight. It seems to have worked ok and we only had a few minutes downtime.

If you notice any problems or you hear from friends that they cant access the site, let me know asap.

Thanks

exciting!

I can finally start wearing my "new server 2010" t shirt
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.