Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for improvement

Default Suggestions for improvement

If you have any suggestions for improvement to the site, let me know here.

If you any nagging issues regarding the site that have been bugging you for a while, note it here and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: Suggestions for improvement

Just today I have been getting 500 internal server error messages when sending PMs
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I will not miss the Keihin Tohoku when I jump in front of it.

There were 3 times over the last 6 hours that the server ran out of available database connections. It's probable that this is what you experienced. I'm looking into it.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

The server configuration has changed. Let's monitor it over the next few days and see if it improves. If not, let me know.

msnger acting up again, you send an invite and the other person does not receive it... plus the invite box doesnt time out anymore, before, if the person didnt accept after like 15 seconds or something, itd say the receiver was unresponsive or whatever, but now it just keeps pending..waiting for acceptance

Glitches from yesterday are gone. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I will not miss the Keihin Tohoku when I jump in front of it.

I've gotten a few of those 500 internal server error messages today + this one which is keeping me from loading AG:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ithinkimlost.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.ithinkimlost.com Port 80_-
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Can you try now please.

Some changes were made in the last 30-45mins so it may have caused this.

Alright well, it seems to be a problem on my side but, I cant get on this site without going through a proxy for some reason at work. Maybe someone can shed some light as to why it keeps giving me this error:

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.ithinkimlost.com/

The following error was encountered:

Connection to 213.175.214.19 Failed
    The system returned:

(110) Connection timed out. The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again. citywebsite
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Mon, 01 Feb 2010 00:40:42 GMT by citywebsite

Posted via Mobile Device

Still having trouble accessing the site on my laptop at home - ongoing since friday night. (US - east coast) But can access it at work & on my cell no problem. Tried opening the site on both Firefox & Google Chrome; just get an "oops! That link appears to be broken" return from Google. Even tried clearing my cache, history & cookies a few times = no dice. Any suggestions??
    Posted via Mobile Device

I've had no problems so whatever you are doing to keep meelynn, puma and shibuyadreams off the site keep it up.

This kind of enlightened new leadership is a regime I'm willing to get behind
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

It's been loading slow for me, but since I just use the site to kill time the slower it goes the more time it kills so I'm alright with that... Especially if, as Ini points out, it keeps some other certain users off... It's a small price to pay.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Doesn't do O-ramas

works from home, not from work.

tcp errors at work, and time outs

also, implement the smiley in my sig. far more useful than so many of the gay ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    I've had no problems so whatever you are doing to keep meelynn, puma and shibuyadreams off the site keep it up.

This kind of enlightened new leadership is a regime I'm willing to get behind
    Collaborating hussy
    Last edited by Fyrey; February 3rd, 2010 at 01:56.

Give it a week, I think its a DNS issue.

If its still not working then, I'll look into it. I'm in the process of moving into a new house so my internet atm is a 56k dialup on a shitty phoneline.

you have moved to the Sudan?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Certain laws are less strict there.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Banned

For some reason, some people have double avatars when I'm viewing threads.

Especially shibs. Shibuyadreams always has her avatar plus miss igirisu's for some reason...

try clearing your cache and reload the page