Thread: Site downtime

Default Site downtime

The site is a bit unstable at the moment - not sure why.

I'm investigating and so is the hosting supplier. The server is fine, but the web service keeps dying every so often.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: Site downtime

Cambodian sponsored DoS attack?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

possibly.

stability seems ok now, but the server load is quite high. Possibly due to the constant 40+ users we seem to have online.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

show off. Its not the number of users that matters, its the motion in the ocean.

or something like that.

Are we going to get the dreaded 1pm shutdown today?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Everytime ITIL dies Meelynn kills a kitten instead of making a thread about her bowel movement.

Someone, please think of the kittens.

...actually I say fuck the kittens if I don't need to read about dingleberries for an afternoon...
    Shut up Hikari / Muffles / uthinkimlost. (delete as appropriate)

Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

82 concurrent users at the moment and the server is struggling. Something needs changed in the config to improve the performance, but im not sure what.

ban mothy, that fat ass takes up plenty of bandwidth

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    possibly.

Possibly stability seems possibly ok now, but the server load is possibly quite high. Possibly due to the constant 40+ users we possibly seem to have online.
    possibly

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    ban mothy, that fat ass takes up plenty of bandwidth
    I try to take up as much as I can anyway.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.