Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Japanese speech contests

Default Re: Japanese speech contests

Miss Irigisu - what level is your japanese at and your friend's level? Any ideas of how many people compete in this competition? I agree, it would be a great challenge but think it would be interesting to participate.

I'm interested in applying for the 2011 one depending on what level of Japanese you would need....

Default Re: Japanese speech contests

We had to do speeches at the end of an intensive class at ARC school.
    I hated it because all of my class bailed and our teacher was so embraced that I had to do a speech or she would look bad. My choice of topic was not great for the audience but was personal for me at the time.

THe girl who won was from China and basically complained in a cute way how things in Japan are not like things in China. I thought that was terrible but I guess that is what they are used to hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokuma View Post
    We had to do speeches at the end of an intensive class at ARC school.
    I hated it because all of my class bailed and our teacher was so embraced that I had to do a speech or she would look bad. My choice of topic was not great for the audience but was personal for me at the time.

THe girl who won was from China and basically complained in a cute way how things in Japan are not like things in China. I thought that was terrible but I guess that is what they are used to hearing.
    It must have been rigged. The real SPIRIT of Japanese is to fucking GAMAN, all day, every day, regardless of how stupid a situation it is.

Totally doing a speech about the hole in my heart for REAL AMERICAN BURGERS next year.
    Last edited by Alphabet; March 30th, 2010 at 12:27.
    if you want proof, try math or alcohol