Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: application notification

Default application notification

Hi~
    I'm starting to get a little antsy because I have not yet received my SASE back from the embassy to let me know they received my application. Is there anyone else out there who hasn't gotten theirs?
    Best of luck to all of you applicants out there~

Yeah. I haven't got one either. It's starting to get me down.

I sent mine Special Delivery and I know it was received. But I've not got an interview letter yet so it's looking increasingly futile

Mine was sent special delivery too.

Let's just hope both of our replies are in the post.

Moore. We will have to commit harakiri together

Default Interview

Hi

I sent mine special delivery and received my card back to say that they got my application. Has anyone from the UK got notification of rejection or an interview date?

bren

Default Re: Interview

Quote Originally Posted by brendino
    Hi

I sent mine special delivery and received my card back to say that they got my application. Has anyone from the UK got notification of rejection or an interview date?

bren
    Take a look in the First Interview thread on this board. Quite a lot of people got an interview notifcation before christmas, damn them!

Default damn them

When did you send your application off? I left mine pretty close to the date but still arrived before the deadline.

In the big, boring middle of my long book of life...

Sent mine Delivery Confirmation, and I know it arrived on time on Dec. 1st... still no letter though.
    "Apparently, this is the price I pay for years of screwing with Super-Science."
    -Dr. Venture

HOORAY! I got an e-mail today saying that I've got an Interview in London on the 25th Jan!
    I can stop panicking now. (well at least until a few days before the interview that is)

I sent my pack in on the 25ish of November so there's still time left for everyone else still waiting. As they seem to be giving out confirmation letters in order of when people sent them in.
    Hopefully everyone else waiting will get their confirmation soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ENAY
    HOORAY! I got an e-mail today saying that I've got an Interview in London on the 25th Jan!
    I can stop panicking now. (well at least until a few days before the interview that is)

I sent my pack in on the 25ish of November so there's still time left for everyone else still waiting. As they seem to be giving out confirmation letters in order of when people sent them in.
    Hopefully everyone else waiting will get their confirmation soon.
    Nice! Congrats man.

Still nothing here though . An e-mail? That's a bit odd.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm not in.

*weeps*

Has anyone in the States received an interview yet? :?:
    Profanity: The last refuge of the limited intellect.

Still no news of an interview from JET.... :?:

Does anybody have any idea when the last possible date is for the UK interviews to be held for? I just hate not knowing either way whether I have made the next stage or not.

I gave my application in handwritten, just wondering if anyone else had trouble with the online submission and decided to do the whole thing by hand?

JT

JET say they do interviews for ALT in January/Febuary. It says on the site "Candidates who have not received an invitation to interview by late February may assume that their applications were unsuccessful."

Late February!!

Good to see that bureaucracy hasn't died out. Oh well, its all good fun waiting huh?

JT

Pandilex

Congrats Neil I'll let you know how my interview went next week if you like =)

Cheers mate

i went through the same waiting process last year when I interviewed in the states. i got my application in at the last minute. i think it took a little over a month for me to get notification that they received it. It took a few weeks after that for me to get notification of an interview. I heard first through email than a letter. you'll learn to appreciate the emails since they seem to be more reliable than the post.

try to be patient. it ends up working ok in the long run.

They seem to interview on a first apply first interview basis so it certainly makes things worse in the waiting game handing in your application right near the deadline.

However I'm one of these people who likes to get things done as early as possible but on this occassion I didn't. Doh!
    I had 50% of the form finished on the first day but it just takes so long waiting for printouts, photographs, passports and other stuff that is beyond your own control.

And also because I got really bad flu for 2 weeks rendering me in bed and other family issues I was unable to complete the application quickly and as a result almost missed the deadline! And then I must have rewritten my essay 15 times.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't ask me in the interview why it took me so long to fill in the application form because my forms and transcript printout dates range from the middle of October till 3 days before December.

Still waiting for an interview too. I'm developing several backup plans in case I don't get onto JET, just in case. If I don't get an interview do I just get left to hang on until the end of febuary when it becomes clear, or is there a response of some kind?

If they really do go in application order I think my chances are nil now as I posted mine a week before the initial deadline. Then after that, they extended the deadline by another week.