Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanna tell my kids off

Doesn't do O-ramas

Default Wanna tell my kids off

After another day of fucking muri muri disrespectful whiners, i want to start bitching at these kids a little sharper, so help me out

1) "quit whining”

dada wo konenai yo

駄々を捏ねないよ

2) "immature, arent you?"

otonagenai na?

大人げないな

3) "what are you, 10 years old? grow up"

no idea

4) "youre being really rude and really disrespectful"

anata ha meccha bureide, fukei na?

あなたはめっちゃ無礼で、不敬な?

yay/nay?

If you do it in English, you can be as sharp as you want; the kids wont fully understand, but they will know to shut up.

Doesn't do O-ramas

Default Re: Wanna tell my kids off

nah, they dont, they just think its funny when i get visibly angry. im sure ill get laughed at doing it in japanese, but at least they will get the point

FiercestCalm

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    nah, they dont, they just think its funny when i get visibly angry. im sure ill get laughed at doing it in japanese, but at least they will get the point
    Yeah, just make sure you do it in perfect Japanese if you do, otherwise they get to ignore what you're saying and laugh at your Japanese.

"what are you, 10 years old? grow up"

ほら、10歳になったばかりかい、おまえ?勘弁してくれよ。

meh.

Why don't you just try copying them, in a silly voice. It has worked for me whenever kids are shouting abuse at me, saying stupid stuff or just whining. The other kids laugh and the offender either copies me back (at which point I copy them back) or get embarrassed and shuts up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Why don't you just try copying them, in a silly voice. It has worked for me whenever kids are shouting abuse at me, saying stupid stuff or just whining. The other kids laugh and the offender either copies me back (at which point I copy them back) or get embarrassed and shuts up.
    aye, there's the rub. but there are always JTEs who feel that the kids acting up is always, always a cry for "please do more interesting/funny things, mongkut-teacher!" and so reprimanding them is unacceptable.

what a harsh path we tread.

Weirdly, though, my JTEs seem to laugh too, if I copy the kids - or at least they don't seem to mind. My wife suggested it to me when I was moaning about one of my annoying kids who just kept shouting out and copying me all the time. She reckons that copying people is a pretty staple part of Japanese comedy and told me I should just copy him back. I thought it seemed like bullying, but gave it a try and it has really worked.

Don't translate from English. Those phrases might sound really weird in Japanese. Like the immature one. You're saying something more along the lines of "you're not an adult".....Of course they're not adults.

I'd learn some crazy mean gutter style speak in the local dialect. Ask the girl.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

I like the idea of copying them back, it does work.

bukka yarou works too (too strong to use at work maybe)
    my wife's favourite is "a-ho tare" and the "buka, kaba"

aka-chan works for the whiners. Also I used to hear the girls saying to the crying boys, something about "you still such your mother's breast" anata madamada paipai nomu
    Last edited by Shirokuma; February 16th, 2010 at 17:13.

Baka yarou means, like "you fucking idiot", I really wouldn't suggest using that or ahou, just my opinion.

I spoke to one of my teachers today about a similar thing, and he said if you do this it's still classed as corporal punishment (体罰, for the curious) and you'll have the monster parents (lol) breathing down your neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
    sean bean and viggo mortensen are like aint no thang yo we just shank this bitch and gandalf says YOU CANT CUT A BITCH MADE OF FIRE MOTHERFUCKER put that shit away and fuckin CHEESE IT bitches

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Now I think of Magneto forming metal dildos to ram up his own ass. And then I picture Gandalf whispering to butterflies to go get him some dildos so he at least has something to do on that tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab View Post
    Baka yarou means, like "you fucking idiot", I really wouldn't suggest using that or ahou, just my opinion.

I spoke to one of my teachers today about a similar thing, and he said if you do this it's still classed as corporal punishment (体罰, for the curious) and you'll have the monster parents (lol) breathing down your neck.
    True enough, avoid the monster parents like the plague cause they are usually dumb as stumps. They are the kind of people who assume because there is a NET in the class the kids should be fluent immediately, same kind of people send their 6 month old kids to baby english classes.

I was thinking that "kon yarou" is stronger than "bukka yarou" I still tend to swear at people in English, mostly stupid drivers.

kono yarou (このやろう)translates to bastard/son of a bitch, but with baka attached to me it seems stronger.

Anyway we've decided it's best not to use Japanese anyway. I really feel sorry for teachers here, their hands are tied. One teacher said to me "I really wish Japanese teachers were still allowed to hit their students".
    sean bean and viggo mortensen are like aint no thang yo we just shank this bitch and gandalf says YOU CANT CUT A BITCH MADE OF FIRE MOTHERFUCKER put that shit away and fuckin CHEESE IT bitches

Now I think of Magneto forming metal dildos to ram up his own ass. And then I picture Gandalf whispering to butterflies to go get him some dildos so he at least has something to do on that tower.

Thanks for the tip, seems I am too far into the redneck zone of Japan. Poor language skills.....

It is actually only pretty recently that they stopped hitting students here. One place I was working which did dispatch about 8 years ago, they were still allowed to throw things at them or hit them with blackboard brushes.

I know the kindergardens and daycare centres can still be rough. It might depend on the area a whole lot too.

Things would be so much better if they had some kind of deterrent. The kids know they can sleep in class or preen their hair and stupid shit like that, they need something to scare them into learning.

i've heard teachers say kono yarou or yarou but never once have I heard baka yarou (in school at least)... I think if a teacher told you that using that kind of language can get THEM in trouble, it's probably not the best idea for an unlicensed ALT to be pulling out that language.
    Last edited by patjs; February 17th, 2010 at 18:42.

you can call them クズ aka the scum at the bottom of the trashcan. A teacher once told me it's like the strongest thing you can call someone... although i wouldnt do that at school unless its your last day...

"クズ!! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF クズ!!!"
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheHakujin View Post
    you can call them クズ aka the scum at the bottom of the trashcan. A teacher once told me it's like the strongest thing you can call someone... although i wouldnt do that at school unless its your last day...

"クズ!! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF クズ!!!"
    dude all you'd do is get onizuka to shoot in and give you a flying sidekick to the FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmongkut View Post
    dude all you'd do is get onizuka to shoot in and give you a flying sidekick to the FACE.
    kingmongkut, i'm pretty sure you and i can be friends

Doesn't do O-ramas

Quote Originally Posted by Crab View Post
    Things would be so much better if they had some kind of deterrent. The kids know they can sleep in class or preen their hair and stupid shit like that, they need something to scare them into learning.
    a big fat "F" would be an amazing thing