Thread: Clair Course on smart.fm

Default Clair Course on smart.fm

I'm putting up a bunch of words from the course on smart.fm. I'm doing advanced now, but considering throwing up intermediate as well.

I've added the words from the hatsuon sections, the kaiwa shinshutsu (sp?) tango section, and the grammar points, as well as the words from the renshuu shinshutsu tango section. All definitions are taken from Jim Breen, unless the definitions found on Jim Breen and the definitions in the book are so different as to suspect either source, in which case I consulted kanji sonomama for a tiebreaker.

For full notes, see the first goals I made:
    JET Program Advanced Book 1 Week 1 Day 4 (Meanings)
    JET Program Advanced Book 1 Week 1 Day 4 (Readings)

Goals are split up by Book/Week/Day and then either meanings or readings. I have the first 2 days of Book 5 up now, I'll add one each day, while also trying to put up all the earlier books. If you see any mistakes, let me know.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

Default Re: Clair Course on smart.fm

After using it for a week, I can safely conclude smart.fm is a flaming pile of shit and I refuse to continue.

I'm sorry for getting anyone's hopes up, but the amount of bugs that I encounter in a single quiz are too much to stand.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

Make an Anki deck and distribute that way. Some people may even help in the creation period so it goes a lot faster.

Default Re: Clair Course on smart.fm

I'l look into it for sure. Someone was telling me you can even import all the cards from smart.fm over to Anki.

Yeah, I think it is called scanki. If you need help putting the intermmediate stuff in, I can give a hand. I would also like to get my hands on the advanced stuff sooner then waiting till the next course starts.

But but but, I think smart.fm is really good.

I've tried Anki and a few other things. Smart.fm may be buggy, but its a great way of learning. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by HareBlare View Post
    But but but, I think smart.fm is really good.

I've tried Anki and a few other things. Smart.fm may be buggy, but its a great way of learning. So there.
    I tried smart.fm, but I didn't like the way the quizzes were set up honestly.

But more power to you. It's all about what works for you individually.