Thread: leaving

Default leaving

Someone's welcome to my spot too! Only an hour by bus to Tokyo station. Just ask for placement in Itako, Ibaraki-ken. I'm outta here for sure, so はい、どうぞ.

there are many third year ALT's in Oita Ken and also some 1st year ALT's who are leaving too. it's going to be sad, but there you have it. this does mean that some of you will get some great placements in Oita Ken.
    "could you use a slave, you hairy bunch of Ishmolites?"
    www.oitajets.com

I know a few leaving in Hiroshima-ken too, but mainly in the inaka! Most people in the city are staying (I think) so don't hold out too much hope of being placed in the Shi.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

It would be annoying to come all the way to Japan to find you have been placed in the shi

I know, it gets awfully cold in there.
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shotokai
    there are many third year ALT's in Oita Ken and also some 1st year ALT's who are leaving too. it's going to be sad, but there you have it. this does mean that some of you will get some great placements in Oita Ken.
    i spent a summer in hita, and a week in oita. it was one of the pleasant places ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    I know a few leaving in Hiroshima-ken too, but mainly in the inaka! Most people in the city are staying (I think) so don't hold out too much hope of being placed in the Shi.
    I thought the city was designated with shi... Wrong?

That's true, although cool people like me refer to it as 'Da Shi'.

Quote Originally Posted by dobharrison
    That's true, although cool people like me refer to it as 'Da Shi'.
    I second the notion that Hiroshima is truly "da shi". Unfortunately, I'm next prefecture over in Okayama city which is to say is just plain "shi".

Looks like I'm heading back home after this year, so one of you lucky contestants (applicants) gets a shot at teaching in the land of Momotaro. Hooha!

-Chris, an angry Chinese man in Japan :?:

What's Okayama City like? I went travelling around that area last month and saw some great sights! Okayama-shi looks like a nice place too, though maybe a bit too quiet for me. But you do have a Virgin Megastore, which is something that Hiroshima doesn't!

Okayama city isn't all that bad though reports that it is quiet are quite correct. We do have nice amenities compared to other podunky cities (Tower Records, Virgin, Gap etc.) but for those that want the hustle and bustle of the big city are looking at the wrong place.

Okayama does have great historical sites ("Crow" Castle...very cool) worth checking out, but I feel I'd rather visit the place then actually live there. Most of the JETs in the city strangely enough live in the suburbs on the edge of the downtown area across the river. Scenery changes quickly to say the least.

I should visit Hiroshima at least once before I leave though. It is practically next door and all.

That and I should get off the computer soon, class in 30 minutes...yeah... >_>

Chris, an angry Chinese man in Japan :?:

Why are you so angry, Chris?

It's not so much that I am angry, but a rather strange consequence of always "looking" like I'm angry. Must be a Chinese skill of some strangeness.

Usually when I meet other JETs in the prefecture, I make the joke (since I was one of the last to show up in elusive group C. dun dun dun!) that if they forget my name, they can just call me the "angry Chinese man". Hasn't been necessary but good for laughs.

-Chris, the questionably angry Chinese man

im coming back too - leavin da mutha of all shi's - osaka 2 da shi

its great here but i just miss my family too much.

whoever gets my placement is in for a wicked time! Osaka rocks!

many of my tochigi pals are 3rd years and they`ll be abandonning me this summer :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by torajix
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotokai
    i spent a summer in hita, and a week in oita. it was one of the pleasant places ever.
    big up the OITA KEN

if you guys are placed here, don't be forlorn, we have an active AJET community and will be happy to answer your placement questions.

www.oitajets.com
    "could you use a slave, you hairy bunch of Ishmolites?"
    www.oitajets.com