Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rejected by Interac - next step???

Quote Originally Posted by patjs View Post
    how does one get rejected from interac??
    Thank you..... I was thinking the same thing...

Default Re: Rejected by Interac - next step???

Assuming OP isn't a troll... become a substitute teacher or assistant teacher in your own country. Work on it for at least 6 months- maybe while getting a CELTA at the same time. Then apply to everywhere you can, including outside of Japan.

Banned

@whisper he seems to be in the UK, so he can't just become a substitute teacher in 6 months without becoming a proper certified one. we don't let any dummies teach here, like in the US and Japan :P

I didn't say he could instantly start being a substitute teacher. I said he should become a substitute teacher. Then work the job for six months or so, maybe while picking up a CELTA if he's so inclined. We require training here for substitute teaching, after all... at least in my part of the US. :P

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    @whisper he seems to be in the UK, so he can't just become a substitute teacher in 6 months without becoming a proper certified one. we don't let any dummies teach here, like in the US and Japan :P

substittue teachers don't teach- they babysit.

Unless you are talking about long-term subs.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoadesd20 View Post
    Well to be fair, lately Interac has been doing a lot of weeding out. I have an interview with them this weekend, and they said they are only interviewing about 130 people in total across North America, I bet A LOT more people than 130 applied.

In fact I know some people that also applied that didn't get it, and they were more qualified then I was, which shocked me. But the main reason they didn't get an interview was because they weren't flexible, they all wanted to go to certain places.
    That may explain part of the reasons why they rejected me too. I applied to Interac last week, and 3 days later I got their rejection e-mail saying "While your qualifications and experience are impressive, unfortunately we are unable to offer you a position.
    We appreciate that you may like to request specific feedback about your application. However, in line with standard Japanese business procedures, it is Interac company policy not to disclose the detailed criteria on which we base our hiring decisions."

Maybe me being an Asian American is another reason for not hiring me because they just assumed I probably don't speak and write English with native fluency...? :-\
    JET's Back-Up Prom Date 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Alicec18 View Post
    That may explain part of the reasons why they rejected me too. I applied to Interac last week, and 3 days later I got their rejection e-mail saying "While your qualifications and experience are impressive, unfortunately we are unable to offer you a position.
    We appreciate that you may like to request specific feedback about your application. However, in line with standard Japanese business procedures, it is Interac company policy not to disclose the detailed criteria on which we base our hiring decisions."

Maybe me being an Asian American is another reason for not hiring me because they just assumed I probably don't speak and write English with native fluency...? :-\
    no - if you were born and educated in america then this has nothing to do with it. Interac lost a big chunk of contracts this year and there are more companies vying for what remains.. thats the main reason

Look at the laws regarding dispatch agencies that the diet is supposed to be reviewing. It would really force places like Interac out of business.

yeah - its been stuffed for a long time now.. Japanese laws are always vague and contradictory - that's how companies like interac and the BOEs get away with so much that is technically illegal .. people have been trying to change it for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    yeah - its been stuffed for a long time now.. Japanese laws are always vague and contradictory - that's how companies like interac and the BOEs get away with so much that is technically illegal .. people have been trying to change it for a long time
    Yes but with the incident in Chiba, the collapse of GEOS and NOVA, the issue of having teachers with no savings bothering embassies for airfare home etc etc.

Plus the dispatch laws are going to protect Japanese workers as well, the death by overwork etc. A lot of nursing care positions are dispatch due to the high turnover, they have to address these issues with the aging population the dispatch English thing will just get caught in it.

The general union should be doing more for the interac teachers but apparently has better things to do.