Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 927

Thread: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

  1. #881

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Smucker's natural is easy enough to find, if mildly pricy. Almond milk can be found, but you might have to travel to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  2. #882

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Smucker's natural is easy enough to find, if mildly pricy. Almond milk can be found, but you might have to travel to get it.
    Cool thanks. Is soy milk maybe a little more common? As long as it's not dairy, I'm good, I just prefer almond if I can get it.

  3. #883
    Senior Member ambrosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Minnesota->Mie
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    From what I've heard, you can find peanut butter, but it's usually in a very small container and costs a fortune (outside of Costco?). As far as finding natural peanut butter, I have no clue.

    Edit: Finding stuff will probably depend on where you're placed too, haha.
    Last edited by ambrosse; April 16th, 2015 at 00:06.

  4. #884

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Oh it totally will, yeah. I'm bringing at LEAST one jumbo jar of pb... two if I can fit it lol.

  5. #885
    read half. react. BifCarbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    north of the strait
    Posts
    1,106

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by weepinbell View Post
    Oh it totally will, yeah. I'm bringing at LEAST one jumbo jar of pb... two if I can fit it lol.
    I've never had any trouble finding peanut butter at convenience stores and grocery stores in my rural area. I'm talking about regular old Skippy. The jars were small, but it's there. Obviously I can't speak for the whole country, but I feel like bringing jars of peanut butter would end up being a waste of space and weight in your luggage.
    車庫 B1F

  6. #886

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    I've never had any trouble finding peanut butter at convenience stores and grocery stores in my rural area. I'm talking about regular old Skippy. The jars were small, but it's there. Obviously I can't speak for the whole country, but I feel like bringing jars of peanut butter would end up being a waste of space and weight in your luggage.
    I'm a PB elitist... I will only eat the natural kind haha. I have it every day without fail and I know it'll be a comfort food when I get homesick. If it ends up pushing my luggage over the edge, obviously it'll be a no-go, but that still won't stop me from sneaking a smaller jar into my purse or carryon...
    Last edited by weepinbell; April 16th, 2015 at 01:03.

  7. #887
    chill yo coop52's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Atlanta->Tottori
    Posts
    4,627

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by weepinbell View Post
    Cool thanks. Is soy milk maybe a little more common? As long as it's not dairy, I'm good, I just prefer almond if I can get it.
    Soy milk is available everywhere. I don't remember seeing any other non-dairy milks, but there's always Costco.

  8. #888
    read half. react. BifCarbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    north of the strait
    Posts
    1,106

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by weepinbell View Post
    I'm a PB elitist... I will only eat the natural kind haha. I have it every day without fail and I know it'll be a comfort food when I get homesick. If it ends up pushing my luggage over the edge, obviously it'll be a no-go, but that still won't stop me from sneaking a smaller jar into my purse or carryon...
    Didn't you say Skippy? I used to buy a small jar of Skippy every week at my grocery store.
    車庫 B1F

  9. #889

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    Didn't you say Skippy? I used to buy a small jar of Skippy every week at my grocery store.
    Is it the natural Skippy? That's the only kind I like.... I guess I may go for the normal if I get desperate. :P

  10. #890
    read half. react. BifCarbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    north of the strait
    Posts
    1,106

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by weepinbell View Post
    Is it the natural Skippy? That's the only kind I like.... I guess I may go for the normal if I get desperate. :P
    Oh, I'm not sure. I'm not so educated about peanut butter types. I thought your earlier post meant that Skippy is natural pb. It was the regular turquoise-lidded stuff.
    車庫 B1F

  11. #891

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    Oh, I'm not sure. I'm not so educated about peanut butter types. I thought your earlier post meant that Skippy is natural pb. It was the regular turquoise-lidded stuff.

    Nah, that's the normal kind, the natural one has a brown lid. In times of desperation I can do the normal skippy, but it's just soooo sugary/chalky to me. On sandwiches, fine, but I'm that weirdo who eats a spoonfull of pb for a snack so I need the good stuff haha.

  12. #892
    read half. react. BifCarbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    north of the strait
    Posts
    1,106

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Not weird.
    車庫 B1F

  13. #893

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    You can always check out Kaldi or Jupiter or Yamaya etc for those things. Kaldi and Jupiter are much more likely to have the natural peanut butter, but I don't eat it so there's no loss there for me. I've seen almond milk at a couple Yamaya branches - next to the fruit juices. Soy milk is in every reasonable grocery store. And probably conbini too.

  14. #894
    Perpetually confused. johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    4,071

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    The last time I was in a Kaldi they had natural peanut butter from Smuckers. I didn't even know they made peanut butter.

    It's all right if you like the natural stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

  15. #895
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    900

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    I think I've seen Japanese branded natural peanut butter in regular grocery stores here several times. I made note of it, because peanuts butta was supposed to be super rare, but I seem to see it a lot. I don't buy it though, so I don't know for sure that I wasn't looking at like, tahini, or something.

  16. #896

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    There are a few brands of Japanese peanut butter. Always creamy, and a bit more salty/less sweet than American brands, imho. The Snoopy (Peanuts) branded stuff is actually pretty good.

    Don't confuse it with Peanuts Cream, though, which is just margarine and granulated sugar mixed with PB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  17. #897
    Perpetually confused. johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    4,071

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    The snoopy brand is good, but pretty darn expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

  18. #898
    Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A depressingly cold place...
    Posts
    10,101

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    There are a few brands of Japanese peanut butter. Always creamy, and a bit more salty/less sweet than American brands, imho. The Snoopy (Peanuts) branded stuff is actually pretty good.

    Don't confuse it with Peanuts Cream, though, which is just margarine and granulated sugar mixed with PB.
    Word. I made the peanuts cream mistake. I have never tasted something so vile in my life. I imagine it's what cat poop tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

  19. #899

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    Word. I made the peanuts cream mistake. I have never tasted something so vile in my life. I imagine it's what cat poop tastes like.
    I bought it, tried to use it on toast, hated it, tried to cook with it, failed, then threw it away.

    The sugar definitely feels like cat litter, and it never goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  20. #900
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    900

    Default Re: Official "Things that can and cannot be found in Japan"

    Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    The Snoopy (Peanuts)...
    Oh, yeah, just got that.

    The peanut creme comes with my kyuushoku sometimes. It's not bad, but I only use a bit for each chunk of bread that it comes with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •