Thread: Eeek!! Interview 2moro.

Default Eeek!! Interview 2moro.

Ok so evidently im a little slow on the uptake, its the day before my interview and ive only just found you guys! Trying not to panic as youve all very kindly answered the same questions a thousand times and by the sounds of it, RELAX and try to be prepared prettymuch cover it. That said am terrified and and could do with some help/encouragement/or mutual commiseration! Ill be spending most of today trawling the internet trying to brush up on my nonexistant knowledge of all things japanese (and british!) so if you feel the urge to HEEELLP please do!
    :?: A confused and slightly panicky V
    By the way anyone else got theirs in edinburgh tomorrow??

Just be honest and friendly and you'll be fine. The rest is all down to luck, it seems, so don't fret about it. If it all does go pear-shaped, there are plenty of ways to work in Japan, and some of them are better than JET in many ways.

Besides, I'm wondering if you're actually a lizard underneath that fake skin. Come on, admit it! You're on of them, aren't you!?!
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

I've got mine tomorrow, but in London.

Good luck to both of you, you'll be fine...

Just look enthusiastic, say how much you want the job and how much it would mean to you...how you want the opportunity to share ideas between cultures and that you would love the chance to teach and yada yada yada...

Just let it flow....

Gambatte!!

Thank you for all words of encouragement, just about "promoting international relations and cultural exchanges, yada yada" worn out but looking forward to getting it over with - so i can move on to the prolonged anticipation phase so many people keep mentioning. hmm what a lovely prospect. . . .
    Anyway for those of you who were wondering, although i am feeling a little on the green side im not particularly chameleon or lizardy like in any other way. Good luck for your interview in london, let us know how it goes.
    Cheers V x x

Okay, but don't go leaving on that mothership yet!

Good luck with your interview or, if it's already happened, I hope it went well!
    "If you've got [a penis], or access to one, take a good look at it this evening and ask yourself: how can this possibly be the work of a sane God?"

Hey V, I also had my interview at Edinburgh today (the 25th). How did yours go? Mine was at 14.20.. so is there a chance you were one of the people I saw when I was there?

A question for the group here.. is making your interviewers laugh a good thing? It's just I came up with some quirky ideas for getting the Japanese interested in English, and they found them quite amusing. I haven't shot myself in the foot doing that, have I?

I think thats a good thing, if they think its of note chances are the kids would. Something slightly unusual is easy to remember and is generally more interesting.

There's never anything wrong with making people laugh! Except during sex...

Nothing wrong with laughing during sex. People who pull that 'Everything is dead meaningful now' face from the get-go are rarely good lovers.

Now you tell me! It could have been so much better, Cantdo... :cry:

Nowadays I just stick to Soul Caliber.

Arr, my interview’s on Friday! I’m bricking it!!! Although I have a lot of uni work on, my head’s buzzing too much to think about anything else other than JET. :? I can’t wait to have Friday over and done with.

dobharrison, I’m curious as to what other organisations can I use to seek employment in Japan? The only other one I’ve heard of is Nova I think…

There are quite a few: Nova, Aeon, Geos, Westgate, Berlitz, Interac, etc. I think all of those hire outside Japan too.

I worked on Westgate so I'd recommend them, but they only do 3 month contracts unless you want to live in Gotemba, Shizuoka and teach kids. As for the others, I think it really depends on the individual school. I've heard that Berlitz in Hiroshima is a good place to work, but I don't know about any other branches.

Have a look at the job postings on www.eslcafe.com to get an idea of what's out there.

Ah nice one mate. Maybe knowing I have a contingency plan will take the edge off those nerves that have been bugging me for the last few days.

It's been said here many times before, but if you really want to work in Japan it's not that hard! A TEFL certificate helps, but you don't really need it.

For those of you that haven't had your interview yet i thought this little link might help..

http://www.bigdaikon.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=43348