Thread: English Speech Help

Default English Speech Help

So every year my school participates in the English memorization and recitation contest and this year my teacher asked me to pick out the speeches for my kids to use. They have to be under three minutes each and she wants them to be funny. I went to last year`s local competition and over half the kids used speeches from the text books and ended up having the same ones, so I wanted to try and find ones online instead of looking through books.

Does anyone know of any sites where semi-easy mini-speeches are availble. I've been looking, but haven't found anything good yet. Thanks!

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Default Re: English Speech Help

How about a short sililoquy from shakespeare?
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by AliDimayev View Post
    How about a short sililoquy from shakespeare?
    He said English; not Shakespearean.

You could try writing something? Or asking the kids what they want to talk about to narrow things down?

Default Re: English Speech Help

Does it have to be speeches?

There are loads of books of humerous poetry - could that be an option?

Thanks everyone. I talked with my teacher, and she didn't really like using poetry, she said it might seem easier to memorize compared to normal prose. I like the movie idea, I might have to start looking some of them up. The Shakespeare seems a little too old, I like using the speeches to teach kids the English in them they don't understand, and old English might be a little tough at the moment.

I have talked to the kdis about what they wnat to do, but all I get from them is `something...interesting...' no matter what or how I ask them.