Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JET says: You're a fake!

Default JET says: You're a fake!

Ok, so the craziest thing happened yesterday, my friend who is a JET applicant got a phone call, basically telling him that his University transcripts and Proof of Degree didn't look "official" enough, and unless he sent new "more official looking" ones, he'd be out of application process. Heres the crazy part - since I am at the same university and same course, we have THE EXACT SAME transcripts.... so I panic, phone them up, and guess what - MINE ARE FINE.

WTF IS THAT ABOUT?

Identical transcripts and proof of degree, but mine are more official?

As I said: Crazy.

Crazy is most definitely the word!!!

Out of interest, what uni??
    Give me my marker show me my line... surely this is it... the edge?

The home of Japanese hardware (via the state of Maine)

Hull. That's where everyone else on this board appears to be from.

Surely there must be some central agency or something that potential employers like JET can use to check a person's degree etc. Seems a bit odd that they go on a certificate or transcript.

Mine were all signed/stamped by the uni and but I'm sure that sort of stuff could be easily faked.

Pandilex

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus
    Hull. That's where everyone else on this board appears to be from.
    I had no problem with mine from Hull, the funny thing being they're not even signed - just stamped with a stamp of the guys signature!

It was the same with me. Whilst I wasn't called a fake I got a prompt request for another University transcript because the one I sent "WASN'T" in colour and it didn't have an official enough looking logo. So I had to of course send a better looking one as quickly as possible. Even though it was exactly in terms of information.

I'm also from Hull too

No, not Hull. :x

We're both studying Physics at the University of Warwick.

The home of Japanese hardware (via the state of Maine)

I was actually just being sarcastic (though I'm doubting there's anyone on here from my university, now I think about it- Delaware, represent). Off topic and out of curiosity, anyone here from York? How'd you like the school and such? I'm supposed to go there for an MA after I get done with Japan.

York is a good university and the city gets lots of tourists becuase it is vey old, has the very impressive minster, city walls, dungeon, the shambles etc.

For the student though it doesnt have the night life that other British cities have. It would be a good place to study but maybe not for when you want to party.

If you need to party you can jump on a train and go to my home city of Leeds. Its about 30 mins away but totally worth it.

sod leeds, get the x46 bus and come to hull, get mugged by some 15 year olds, get stabbed by a kosovan, feel up some drunk minger and be home in time for breakfast

but Hull smells of fish.....or is that Grimsby?

thats grimsby, hull smells of death - and chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by IniKamoze
    sod leeds, get the x46 bus and come to hull,
    Only gypo's take the bus.

well if you are going to hull you are hardly a member of high society

Pandilex

HEY!

Stop insulting Hull (Where I am at uni) and Grimsby (where my family lives), and any buses with x in like X1 which gets me from one to the other!

Yes, they're both pretty crappy.

Yes Hull, can often smell like raw sewage for no apparent reason as you leisurely stroll down the street. It also was voted Britain's worst city but of course it's a great place really, as long as you don't go outside.

> Only gypo's take the bus.

Heheh. Gypo, haven't heard that word in a while. But it's true though.

Being on a bus is kind of like being in McDonalds but without eating any food. Dirty and full of dropouts.

I demand a Hull Uni only forum on this site - i'm sure the numbers justify it

Pandilex

The turnout for the JET presentation at Hull Uni was quite large, lots of girls too, yet as far as I know, only 3 people are applying! Me, redfieldblair and enay... not a single girl (refrains from obvious humorous joke)

Well to be fair if they weren't in Computer Science or in Japanese passport modules we really wouldn't know about them. Also when I was speaking Tomoko-san about the various areas I could apply to I'm certain she mentioned that there was something like 6 people applying from the passport modules, maybe they've just never said hello?

Anyway... Hull has a worse reputation than it deserves, sure last night there were students running over the cars in the uni accomodation car park and theres this guy in town always yelling to himself but that just gives the place character .
    Ok so there are definatley better places to live, and the uni may not rank that highly but atleast the computer science dept. generally ranks fairly highly on the league tables and has a good reputation within the games industry. And how many uni's offer such a fantastic set of Japanese modules? Very tolerant place too, Pandilex hasn't yet been subject to any beatings by a mob of angry linux fans so far as I'm aware.
    "Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy." Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by redfieldblair
    and theres this guy in town always yelling to himself but that just gives the place character
    Good to see Dad's keeping himself busy