Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limited Time Special: Change/Give another user a custom user title

Melbourne - Osaka - Felixstowe - Melbourne - Yandina

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    why are racist and homophobic comments so sacred to you?
    they aren't especially, but you run the risk of offending lots of people, whereas gags about puma's dead mum, my baby, elle's so-called flab etc. are really only going to offend one person.

and jordan, no one "expects" anyone to pay for anything. that's why it's called a "donation" and not a "payment". if you give someone a voucher for christmas do you expect a say-so on how they spend it?
    "Like anyone with a sliver of honesty in them I believe what I find I believe when I wake up each morning."
    Stephen Fry, The stars' tennis balls

Default Re: Limited Time Special: Change/Give another user a custom user title

Ok, let's run with the $6/1week $11/2weeks idea from now for 2 weeks and assess it then. I'll update the original post
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    and jordan, no one "expects" anyone to pay for anything. that's why it's called a "donation" and not a "payment". if you give someone a voucher for christmas do you expect a say-so on how they spend it?
    Not at the moment no; my point was that if a donation reward has a time limit - it becomes akin to a subscription in that regular payments are made for continued service. And I don't know about you but if I make regular payments to a person or company; I want a certain quality of service in exchange for those payments.

EDIT: Kari mentioned lawyering at the weekend! There MUST be punishment!
    Last edited by Jordan; April 11th, 2010 at 07:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    One of the small issues with going for the cheaper price/more buyers is that paypal take a chunk out of each donation. Instead of going for $5 per donation I would have to add in a bit more to cover the paypal costs - maybe $6 instead. No big issue but something to be aware of.

Also, I would have to only provide the user title rename for that cost, not include the vip features. There would be no larger donations if the incentive is given away at the $5 level.

Something that could be done is $6 user title for 1 week, $11 for 2 weeks. Or, donate a minimum of $15 and get VIP access and one 2 week user title rename included.

This raises another issue though - people will get (at the moment) lifelong vip access for $15. There wont be any incentive to help out in future years. How about a year's VIP access is $15. So, if you donate $30 you get 2 years vip access, $45 you get 3 years etc.

Thoughts?
    If I understand Paypal's person-to-person transfer correctly, the person sending the money has the option of paying the fee, so you'd get the full $5.

I think the smaller donations = name change, bigger = VIP access is a good idea.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    Yep as long as it's not offensive
    Count me out then, cock.

Er, fine?
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

I'm curious about how many suckers have done this.
    minor rant: abe vigoda

How many moms does Paul have?
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Its complicated, he doesnt have one in the traditional sense of the word. I guess you would say gaia is seeing as her decision to fuse the elements together gave life to him.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Its complicated, he doesnt have one in the traditional sense of the word. I guess you would say gaia is seeing as her decision to fuse the elements together gave life to him.
    Jesus, gaia has some nice boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataphract View Post
    has anyone?? i certainly haven't noticed it.
    Someone did it to me.
    guys, im not playing anymore

Someone did it to me. Im

Someone did it to me. Im assuming

Someone did it to me. Im assuming it

Someone did it to me. Im assuming it was

spit it out man
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Wand, make my monster grow!