Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Alternates Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kemek View Post
    So that I know exactly when JET is calling I have programmed them into my phone. That way, there's no confusion over who it is. I can just answer the phone, "Yes!"
    They call on a withheld number.

Weird.

Default Re: Alternates Anonymous

Nah, I don't know. But imagine if they did. I don't answer withheld numbers. It's just the kind of sneaky shit they'd pull.

I love you sexy newbies having fun together.

For what it's worth, everywhere I've ever worked that has received calls and made them have had separate numbers for inwards and outwards calls. Just accept it could come from any unknown number, or any number with a London - or if you're like me unknown - area code.

Good luck!

UK jet desk call from a withheld number. But they leave a message so if u decide not to answer with held calls at least u'll get to know they called
    Posted via Mobile Device

From the official forum, posted by someone out of the NY consulate:

Anyway, judging by my extensive internet snooping it seems that New York Alts from '09 received an e-letter of acknowledgement briefly before the first wave of upgrades took place. I have yet to receive an email of the sort... has anyone else?
    (I assume they're talking about an acknowledgment of the reply form.)

then

Ho-ly cow. Lo, the second I posted that last little blurb I checked my inbox and BAM. An acknowledgement letter. Let's all cross those fingers even tighter!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But sometimes ALT-sensei use hashi. I think is very subarashii. Maybe it is not real for my eyes. I must ask him if hashi is ok to use. ... So I am still very confused about hashi. I will ask again in the future everyday.

I got a phone call from an unknown number this morning at 9 AM but it ended up being my credit card company
    But sometimes ALT-sensei use hashi. I think is very subarashii. Maybe it is not real for my eyes. I must ask him if hashi is ok to use. ... So I am still very confused about hashi. I will ask again in the future everyday.

Still no word of any upgrades out of DC. They insist on torturing me.

I suppose it's possible that they did upgrades and none of the upgrades have posted online, but I would find that very hard to believe.

There haven't been a lot of Detroit upgrades so far. I really hope they aren't done upgrading. I'm tired of this uncertainty.

It's not even June yet! Some people won't hear anything until July rolls around, so try not to think about it too much.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Quote Originally Posted by ten_of_spades View Post
    It's not even June yet! Some people won't hear anything until July rolls around, so try not to think about it too much.
    Yeah, the big opportunity will come when everyone finds out they've got some unlivable placement in be-bumble nowhere and turns it down to let someone else try to make it through.

June 5-15th will be the busy time for that. I hope whichever sissy gets my placement doesn't freak out and drop it because it's super rural.
    "In his heart of hearts, he knows that you're on your own at this level..of big nose monkey snooker"

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    Yeah, the big opportunity will come when everyone finds out they've got some unlivable placement in be-bumble nowhere and turns it down to let someone else try to make it through.

Really? but according to the 2009 Upgrades there weren't any upgrades at all during the "big opportunity months". I wonder if it was just because those people purely does not post online much.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoWing View Post
    Really? but according to the 2009 Upgrades there weren't any upgrades at all during the "big opportunity months". I wonder if it was just because those people purely does not post online much.
    Those statistics have been *cleansed* to keep you ignorant of the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    Those statistics have been *cleansed* to keep you ignorant of the truth.

I really hope you are right. Although the consulate told me I have a low chance of being upgrade..../prayssssss

Quote Originally Posted by NeoWing View Post
    Note that the OP of the 2009 Upgrades thread STOPPED updating the initial post sometime around July of last year. So actually MORE people got upgraded than is indicated in the first post.

(It seems the OP, TheSpartanPope, himself had to decline an upgrade for unknown reasons and lost interest after that.)

For example, the OP shows 4 out of 8 alternates from DC got upgraded when in fact one got upgraded around October, so it was actually 5 out of 8.

Number of DC alternates upgraded by May 10th 2009: 4.
    Number of DC alternates upgraded by May 10th 2010: 0.
    Last edited by cranguy; May 10th, 2010 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by cranguy View Post
    Note that the OP of the 2009 Upgrades thread STOPPED updating the initial post sometime around July of last year. So actually MORE people got upgraded than is indicated in the first post.

(It seems the OP, TheSpartanPope, himself had to decline an upgrade for unknown reasons and lost interest after that.)

For example, the OP shows 4 out of 8 alternates from DC got upgraded when in fact one got upgraded around October, so it was actually 5 out of 8.
    Wow, that is a pretty good number. The next thing I like to start putting stress on myself would probably be "wondering how many alternates does each consulate have on their list".