Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limited Time Special: Change/Give another user a custom user title

Default Limited Time Special: Change/Give another user a custom user title

This is a 2 week trial of an idea other forums have ran with to have a bit of fun while also bringing in a little bit of extra cash for the site.

If it goes well and theres no major arguments / falling outs, I'll see about making this a more permanent feature of the site.

This is what you do:

- Any relevant donations from the timestamp of this message until 23:59 BST on Friday 23rd April will qualify
    - If you donate $6, you can change any other user's title to what you want for 7 days
    - If you donate $11, you can change any other user's title to what you want for 14 days.
    - If the user already has a "paid-for" user title by another member, your paid-for user title will take effect at the end of the existing title.
    - The user title must not be offensive. If judged to be offensive, you will be asked to change your user title request.
    - The user title may have a specified colour, but this does not work in all browsers (Firefox being one of them. IE is ok I think).

To donate, use the donation link in the menu above. In the PayPal message box, include:
    a) the username of who you want to give the custom title to
    b) the custom title you want
    c) your username

Edit: Just to clarify, you will *not* get VIP status when paying for a user title change. If you would like VIP status instead of choosing a user title for another user, please specify so in the message to seller box when donating.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Beer Baron; April 11th, 2010 at 06:48. Reason: Changed prices
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: Limited Time Special: Change/Give another user a custom user title

Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

This should be retroactively applied for generous donors to the site.
    minor rant: abe vigoda

I may do that if the trial goes ok. Not sure yet
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Before I waste my money Paul, can I change yours to anything I like as stated in your rules. Anything at all? I promise to be completely out of line on this.

Yep as long as it's not offensive

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    Yep as long as it's not offensive
    offensive is a pretty broad term. offensive to you? offensive to the person whose title is being changed? offensive as determined by the majority? offensive as determined by a pre-existing definition?

Offensive. It's quite simple so let's not turn this into a huge problem as everyhtig seems to on this site. If you think someone, the person you are giving the title to or another reader or user of the site may be offended by the text you are choosing then it's probably a wise idea to think of something else. It's not complicated or ambiguous.

The only reason this would be an incentive to donate is just that: so you can humiliate/embarrass someone with an offensive/hurtful title.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I will not miss the Keihin Tohoku when I jump in front of it.

As I said, it's a trial. We'll see how it goes and if its not popular then it can be replaced with something else possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    As I said, it's a trial. We'll see how it goes and if its not popular then it can be replaced with something else possibly.

You're not popular. Can we replace you with something else?
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

15 dollars seems a bit steep..... can I donate 20p just to force someone - anyone - to make an interesting post.

its been a while......
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Hey Paul. You in Ireland?
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

hes in all of us.

hes that little voice that tells us to turn the other cheek and to help our fellow man

Well, it's just that a story from near to my hometown must be very popular in the IRISH news.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>

a rich vein discovered in the local potato mine?

No, some 15 year old Irish immigrant in SOUTH HADLEY, MASSACHUSETTS called PHEOBE PRINCE committed suicide on accounta the bullying what she was the victim of.

well Pauls the guy to ask about princes..........

The story is quite upesetting, if I was back home I may seek down some of the bullies in South Hadley and take their picture and then

N.Ireland