Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Opinions on Winbe

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default Opinions on Winbe

    Hi everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this language school or has heard good/bad things about it. I read some of their conditions on an ad they have posted and it seems fairly decent in comparison with some other eikaiwa. Just thought I'd ask because this school doesn't seem to pop up much in non-JET alternatives discussions.

    Cheers!

  2. #2

    Default

    I'd never heard of them until you posted that so I looked them up and found mostly bad things.

    This guy was asking about them on yahoo answers:
    Yahoo! Canada Answers - Has anyone out there worked for WinBe English schools in Japan? If so, how was/is it?

    I'd suggest having a look at Dave's ESL Cafe or Gaijin Pot as both list jobs in Japan and have similar forums to this dedicated to non-JET work. It's also a lot more active than this part of ITIL.
    Mmmm... tastes like I might die.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the sea, retard.
    Posts
    1,704

    Default Re: Opinions on Winbe

    I think the fact that no-one here has heard of them should set off alarm bells mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
    sean bean and viggo mortensen are like aint no thang yo we just shank this bitch and gandalf says YOU CANT CUT A BITCH MADE OF FIRE MOTHERFUCKER put that shit away and fuckin CHEESE IT bitches

    Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Now I think of Magneto forming metal dildos to ram up his own ass. And then I picture Gandalf whispering to butterflies to go get him some dildos so he at least has something to do on that tower.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Shirokuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DeNile
    Posts
    173

    Default Re: Opinions on Winbe

    Winbe is actually pretty big. In Tohoku

    I interviewed with them. However at that time they had changed from being a Eikaiwa to being a kids place. That was about 6 years ago.

    Head office was out near Disney in Chiba. Long haul out for an interview.

  5. #5
    ITIL's Favorite Beaner! Gusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Japanese version of the Central Valley
    Posts
    8,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirokuma View Post
    Winbe is actually pretty big. In Tohoku

    I interviewed with them. However at that time they had changed from being a Eikaiwa to being a kids place. That was about 6 years ago.

    Head office was out near Disney in Chiba. Long haul out for an interview.
    wtf does this have to do with the question of the OP?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Shirokuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    DeNile
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gusuke View Post
    wtf does this have to do with the question of the OP?
    He asked about Winbe, if he wants more info he can message me.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I'd never heard of them until you posted that so I looked them up and found mostly bad things.

    This guy was asking about them on yahoo answers:
    Yahoo! Canada Answers - Has anyone out there worked for WinBe English schools in Japan? If so, how was/is it?

    I'd suggest having a look at Dave's ESL Cafe or Gaijin Pot as both list jobs in Japan and have similar forums to this dedicated to non-JET work. It's also a lot more active than this part of ITIL.
    Yeah, I have been searching those forums for info but haven't really found too much in regards to this school. The lack of info leads me to wonder if that means the school hasn't had such a bad reputation or if it means the school is just not worth a mention.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirokuma View Post
    Winbe is actually pretty big. In Tohoku

    I interviewed with them. However at that time they had changed from being a Eikaiwa to being a kids place. That was about 6 years ago.

    Head office was out near Disney in Chiba. Long haul out for an interview.
    Having interviewed with them, how was the interview process? Did they mention anything regarding contract terms, job conditions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirokuma View Post
    He asked about Winbe, if he wants more info he can message me.
    Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Opinions on Winbe

    I got a job at winbe and I am flying out next week. I will let you know how it goes. I was like you once. I scoured the internets for any relevant information but came up empty. Yeah I saw a few bad reviews but that was about it so I figured I would check it out for myself. I found Carla and Eugene's blog a couple weeks ago and I have talked to Carla a few times. They are loving it there and very happy. Check them out at Eugene and Carla Do Japan

    But yeah, I will keep you updated.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Well, I was recently upgraded to the shortlist on JET so my search for other options has fortunately stopped. However, any information would still be appreciated for those who are still looking for alternative teaching jobs in Japan and have been wondering about this school.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •