Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

Default Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

welcome to a world of j/krn dramas which have one and only one objective, to make you cry

bolt that to a handful of variety shows

melded to a foundation of oppinion shows and you have basically what is japanese tv

wondering if its possible to get some sort of direct TV so i can get english channels like CNN/comedy central/spike etc

what do you folks have to say
    Last edited by silverx7; April 30th, 2010 at 14:38.

Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

you sir, are a grade A troll. and if you are being serious, which i know you aren't, i think someone mentioned getting some sort of cable package that included US channels. i'd just stick with hulu or something...

btw, did you apply through the LA consulate??

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMart View Post
    you sir, are a grade A troll. and if you are being serious, which i know you aren't, i think someone mentioned getting some sort of cable package that included US channels. i'd just stick with hulu or something...

btw, did you apply through the LA consulate??
    #1 I am not a troll and have no idea why people keep saying that

#2 hulu is not allowed outside of the USA

#3 no

perhaps you think im a troll cause i use 'jap' when speaking about japanese electronics
    I told you guys it has nothing to do with racism (after all if i was racist against japanese people why would I apply to JET in the first place) the reason is that it is the official name for the region japan for electronics

I could simply use the letter J but I fear that people wouldnt know what im talking about and writting out japanese for everything is redundant no?
    Last edited by silverx7; April 30th, 2010 at 07:24.

The Japanese version of the Central Valley

Good God you're daft

Just find less than legal ways to watch TV online.

I know about bittorrent and ill def be using it but im saying for stuff like CNN running in the background their really isnt a substitute

The Japanese version of the Central Valley

No wonder, cable network news is for the dumb

Quote Originally Posted by silverx7 View Post
    I know about bittorrent and ill def be using it but im saying for stuff like CNN running in the background their really isnt a substitute
    There's CNN Japan, FOX Japan...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetc

There are a couple of threads with info you might find useful in. I'm guessing no one can be bothered to discus what they have probably discussed many times over before, as much as you cant be bothered to spend an hour digging up the info.

Looks like your stuck with variety shows and J-Dramas coming out of your tele-box

J-television isn't all bad.

Is anyone else completely entranced by the latest NHK 8oclock time slot offering, げげげの女房? i am almost late to school every day because i have to watch it all. During the first hour of work, i spend most of my planning period trying to decide if Fumie-chan can really be happy in Tokyo. Today her arranged marriage husband got her a used bicycle, but is that really enough to make up for that big fight they had yesterday? that is when i feel the cultural barrier really hard, because i know that in america it would not be, but perhaps japan is different and a present really can heal the world. for fucchan's sake, i hope this is so.

also. Red Theatre is pretty hilarious. It's a bit like Mad TV or Saturday Night Live, and if you copy the jokes they do on there, Japanese people will laugh with you and not at you.

perhaps you think im a troll cause i use 'jap' when speaking about japanese electronics
    I told you guys it has nothing to do with racism (after all if i was racist against japanese people why would I apply to JET in the first place) the reason is that it is the official name for the region japan for electronics

I could simply use the letter J but I fear that people wouldnt know what im talking about and writting out japanese for everything is redundant no?
    That was 463 characters you just spent explaining why you absolutely must shorten an eight-letter word to three.

Quote Originally Posted by sinderella View Post
    There are a couple of threads with info you might find useful in. I'm guessing no one can be bothered to discus what they have probably discussed many times over before, as much as you cant be bothered to spend an hour digging up the info.

Looks like your stuck with variety shows and J-Dramas coming out of your tele-box

ppl will talk due to boredom and ranking up posts. Digging is for gold diggers

and i'm trying to say that げげげの女房 is different. it is new and exciting.

Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by jandek View Post

also. Red Theatre is pretty hilarious. It's a bit like Mad TV or Saturday Night Live, and if you copy the jokes they do on there, Japanese people will laugh with you and not at you.
    Keep telling yourself that.
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Djordje View Post
    There's CNN Japan, FOX Japan...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetc
    not over the air tho right?

also if i were to get regular j-cable wouldnt cnn japan be in japanese?

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

TV is overrated. Not just Japanese, but anywhere.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

why travel to the otherside of the world just to watch TV? Broaden your horizons man
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    why travel to the otherside of the world just to watch TV? Broaden your horizons man
    anywhere you go you will have some downtime though

basically would use it for background noise when im cooking or something i dunno

thats what nhk is for

Yeah, you'll be paying for it anyway, you might as well get something out of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.