Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Thread: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

  1. #21
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Yeah, you'll be paying for it anyway, you might as well get something out of it...
    paying for what?

    and INI: what is nhk?

  2. #22
    ITIL's Favorite Beaner! Gusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Japanese version of the Central Valley
    Posts
    8,362

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    ...
    Posted via Mobile Device

  3. #23
    Billy Big Bollocks Ini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    28,893

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

  4. #24
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    ah so its basically the BBC for Japan

    but how does this get me english cnn?

  5. #25
    Billy Big Bollocks Ini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    28,893

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    watch nhk instead, it will improve your japanese.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

  6. #26
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,496

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    You'll pay for NHK. Not through taxes or anything, a dude will come to collect the money from you. If you have a TV hooked up, you pay him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  7. #27
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    You'll pay for NHK. Not through taxes or anything, a dude will come to collect the money from you. If you have a TV hooked up, you pay him.
    wtf how does he know you have a tv cause nhk is non-subscription based

  8. #28
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,496

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    He doesn't. He's just assuming that you aren't going to lie about having one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  9. #29
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    He doesn't. He's just assuming that you aren't going to lie about having one.
    is it pricey?

  10. #30
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,496

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    I've been told that it's quite cheap. I've never been visited by the guy, though, so I honestly couldn't say for certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  11. #31
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    I've been told that it's quite cheap. I've never been visited by the guy, though, so I honestly couldn't say for certain.
    he never visited you?

    whats the deal with that?

  12. #32
    Senior Member jandek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Japanada
    Posts
    299

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    the NHK man came a visited this ALT in the next town over, and they didnt speak any of each others languages, but he saw the tv in the living room and for a solid hour he refused to leave the genkan until the ALT greased his palm with a few crumpled Noguchis.

  13. #33
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jandek View Post
    the NHK man came a visited this ALT in the next town over, and they didnt speak any of each others languages, but he saw the tv in the living room and for a solid hour he refused to leave the genkan until the ALT greased his palm with a few crumpled Noguchis.
    what a jerk

    what if you dont open the door?

  14. #34
    Senior Member jandek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Japanada
    Posts
    299

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    they will wait, because they know you have to go to 7/11 sometime.

  15. #35
    Senior Member cielya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Whatevs. I love J-dramas. Recently, I've been watching "My Girl" over streaming websites.

    ninjavideo.net works in Japan when Hulu/other shit doesn't. (or at least it did a year ago... I'll see for sure in a few months)

    Also, silver, they don't call you a troll because you say "Jap." You get called a troll because of the kind of threads you start - Japanese TV, Hokkaido, bowing... I personally couldn't give two shits, though, so ask away.
    Last edited by cielya; April 30th, 2010 at 23:33.
    shortlisted!

  16. #36
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cielya View Post
    Whatevs. I love J-dramas. Recently, I've been watching "My Girl" over streaming websites.

    ninjavideo.net works in Japan when Hulu/other shit doesn't. (or at least it did a year ago... I'll see for sure in a few months)

    Also, silver, they don't call you a troll because you say "Jap." You get called a troll because of the kind of threads you start - Japanese TV, Hokkaido, bowing... I personally couldn't give two shits, though, so ask away.
    regarding J-dramas do you know enough japanese to understand them? If so thats pretty commendable.

    troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

    i understand how this thread title fits that description but how does bowing/hokkaido fit that category

  17. #37
    Senior Member cielya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverx7 View Post
    regarding J-dramas do you know enough japanese to understand them? If so thats pretty commendable.

    troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

    i understand how this thread title fits that description but how does bowing/hokkaido fit that category
    re: second part - meh, no idea. Some people are e-sensitive.
    also lol at providing a definition of troll.

    My Japanese isn't too great, and I tend to watch eps with some subtitles first, then no subtitles second if I feel like it, so I'm a bit of a cheater. I did watch a few on tv with my host fam when I studied abroad, and the plots are simplistic enough that you can follow pretty easily without subtitles as long as you have some basic knowledge of Japanese.
    Last edited by cielya; May 1st, 2010 at 03:37.
    shortlisted!

  18. #38
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default

    ah

  19. #39

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    http://reikanido.com/ghj/essays/skapa.htm

    I'll just leave this here.

    (the rest of that site is great too but it's not updated in years)

  20. #40
    Senior Member silverx7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: Japanese TV: I hear its terrible

    that was awesome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •