Thread: US interview announcements begin!

VIP

Default US interview announcements begin!

Hold onto your hats folks! I just got an e-mail from the Boston Embassy that I made it to round two and have an interview in February (Feb 18, 22, or 23). They will e-mail by Feb. 10th for a confirmation of exact date and time. Whoo hoo! Certainly happy news I didn't expect to hear before flying home from Austria! Hoping the second try at applying works and I don't need three *fingers crossed*

Good luck to everyone else here in the States! The 1st long wait is almost over! :mrgreen:

*skipping around happy as a lark*

I found out today that my two friends and I all made it to the interview round! It's all so exciting. We're interviewing in DC. Anyone else interviewing in DC?

I got my Email notification today. I made it to the Interview.

I'm interviewing in Houston. Yahoooooooooow!!!
    Profanity: The last refuge of the limited intellect.

I got my interview notice a while ago, and I'll be interviewing for ALT in Kansas City on Feb. 24. My 2 friends who applied got interviews too (for ALT in New York, and for CIR in Washington DC). Good luck to everyone!
    ~Indigo

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    I got my interview notice a while ago, and I'll be interviewing for ALT in Kansas City on Feb. 24.!
    Wow, you had a lot of time. Maybe it's that the NYC Consulate has more applicants, but I got my notice only two weeks before the interview! Just enough time in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    I got my interview notice a while ago, and I'll be interviewing for ALT in Kansas City on Feb. 24.
    Just out of curiosity where are you from in the mid-west?

deleted

Dendrite: The KC consulate is being run by Chicago this year... I'm not entirely sure how that works, but it's the week after the Chicago interviews. They seem really on top of things, though!

Nicklad: I'm from St. Louis, Missouri, and I'm going to school in mid-Missouri. So... Missouri-ish.

Anyone else interviewing in Kansas City? I haven't heard about anyone else yet...
    ~Indigo

In the big, boring middle of my long book of life...

well, apparently, I missed the app deadline, even though I got a postal confirmation that it was recieved at the embassy on the 1st....must've taken them a day to get it upstairs to the JET office...

any chance they might reconsider, do you think?

Oh, well.... at least I haven't put in notice at my job yet. (LOL)
    "Apparently, this is the price I pay for years of screwing with Super-Science."
    -Dr. Venture

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgoofball
    well, apparently, I missed the app deadline, even though I got a postal confirmation that it was recieved at the embassy on the 1st....must've taken them a day to get it upstairs to the JET office...

Does this mean we wont see your smiling face in Tokyo this August? Well I'll dry my eyes and try to struggle on but that is crushing news.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Always next year, this gives you a few months to practice sending forms in on time .

The home of Japanese hardware (via the state of Maine)

Bluntly put, there's no way they'll reconsider at this point. And that sounds assy of me to say, but it's true. The late app thing is one of the easiest ways to cull the mountain of applications they get- if you'd known earlier that your application wasn't received on time or something (like, pre-interview notification earlier) and had explained the situation, you might have been able to talk your way in, but at this point, I think you're pretty well screwed. I feel for you, as I was one of the people running close to the wire myself last year, but I guess the lesson learned is to always call to make sure your paperwork was received, regardless of what the post office says.

Definitely crappy news to get.

Well I got a notice for the interview and what should happen? My car is starting to just die on me. With my bad luck I had a feeling this was going to happen. Now I have about a week to see if I can get it working so I can make the drive to DC.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by n107
    Well I got a notice for the interview and what should happen? My car is starting to just die on me. With my bad luck I had a feeling this was going to happen. Now I have about a week to see if I can get it working so I can make the drive to DC.

*sigh*
    I'm in the same boat so I went to Alamo and rented a car. A small compact was $125 for 3 days unlimited mileage. :?
    Profanity: The last refuge of the limited intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by n107
    Find a friend or relative who wants to spend a day in DC! Or take a train. I have a friend applying for CIR in DC who's doing that.
    ~Indigo

Quote Originally Posted by bigredgoofball

if you have proof that it was delivered on the 1st then you hace clout. it's unfair for them to say this if you can proove otherwise.
    "could you use a slave, you hairy bunch of Ishmolites?"
    www.oitajets.com