Thread: New Trini, Bajan & Jamaican Jets, where are you?

Trinidad ------> Sasebo shi, Nagasaki ken

Default New Trini, Bajan & Jamaican Jets, where are you?

I know some of you are floating around itil. I'm sure you know by now if you'll be a JET participant this year or not so post your status, questions etc.

Default Re: New Trini, Bajan & Jamaican Jets, where are you?

Hello!
    I wonder why no-one else has posted?
    I found out that I'm going to Kobe.
    How has your experience been? Are you recontracting?

Quote Originally Posted by musingvillainess View Post
    Hello!
    Hi, I think most jets from the Caribbean are still trying to find their footing so maybe that's why they're not on itil. If you haven't joined yet, there is a great group on facebook called Caribbean JETS. There you will meet past and present JETS who have a wealth of knowledge that your pred probably wouldn't be able to provide if they are not from the Caribbean too. Congrats on Kobe! You're lucky to be extremely close to Kyoto/Osaka/Nara. I'm a 2nd yr alt and Ive already signed up for a 3rd year but after that, who knows!
    It's been an incredible experience but I think I'm very lucky to have a great english-centered high school and my city matches my personality so I have very few complaints. It's going to be hella difficult at times (depending on your situation) but part of the JET experience.
    Last edited by sunshinebeauty27; May 16th, 2010 at 09:36.

Quote Originally Posted by musingvillainess View Post
    Hello!
    Hi, I think most jets from the Caribbean are still trying to find their footing so maybe that's why they're not on itil. If you haven't joined yet, there is a great group on facebook called Caribbean JETS. There you will meet past and present JETS who have a wealth of knowledge that your pred probably wouldn't be able to provide if they are not from the Caribbean too. Congrats on Kobe! You're lucky to be extremely close to Kyoto/Osaka/Nara. I'm a 2nd yr alt and Ive already signed up for a 3rd year but after that, who knows!
    It's been an incredible experience but I think I'm very lucky to have a great english-centered high school and my city matches my personality so I have very few complaints. It's going to be hella difficult at times (depending on your situation) but part of the JET experience.