Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: We are starting to find out who our successors are

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Djordje View Post
    yes, all placements have been released. Soon, no?
    Maybe...I didn't get contact from my pred until June. Also, I was at a meeting with all the DRs and Kencho people on Friday, and the kencho people said they were going to email everyone and ask they NOT try and find out who their successors are. They want to send the new people the email address and have them contact their preds and DRs. I guess for privacy stuff...still stupid.

That being said, my town in getting only one new person, and I found him because of this forum. Go ITIL!!
    Numbers and colors are my bread and butter

So, a question about how this works: I understand the difference between municipal/city and prefectural ALTS -- I'm the latter, which is why I only know my prefecture placement, and not my placement within it.

My question is, do the current prefectural JETs have information about their replacements in the same way that municipal ones do? That is, is there someone out there in Mie-ken who knows that [a female, my name, my age, my hometown] is coming to take their place -- even though _I_ have no idea what city/town I'm destined for? Or are the current prefecturals kept in the dark about it, just like we are, until June or July?

Default Re: We are starting to find out who our successors are

when i was waiting I didnt hear anything about my placement from my pred till late june. ( im a prefectural alt)
    guys, im not playing anymore

Middle of Wheat field USA --> Middle of Rice field Japan-->Middle of Cornfield, USA

I hate to do it but...ESID.

For my ken, the names of the new people have not been released. However, some people have gone looking for them and talked their BOEs into giving them the information. But the BOEs aren't suppose to give out said information until they've been in contact with the new JET and have the privacy wavers in hand.

This is more strict with prefecturals because they (generally) work more closely with kencho, and get all their information from the main city office, who would almost certainly not bend the rules...

Hm, I see; thanks.

(Also, sorry, but kencho = ?...)

It seems to mean prefectural office. :>

Exactly. JETs work for their city BOEs - Board of Education. Think of kencho as the BOE of the prefecture rather than the city.

Any ALTs leaving Sennan area in Miyagi? PM me please!!!

Haven't read through this thread but if any of you guys are coming to the awesomeness that is Kochi-ken then give me a shout and I can give you some info/maybe put you in contact with your predecessor