Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hyogo JETs 2010

let's talk about socks gingerbread's Avatar

Well, I can tell you for sure that one JHS JET position is going to be open in Himeji this summer.

Default Re: Hyogo JETs 2010

Looks like I'm heading to ---, Hyogo. If you are my pred/know my pred let me know.
    Last edited by sloth; May 23rd, 2012 at 16:31. Reason: peeps have been found. City redacted.

Hi, I am from Jamaica and I am heading to Hyogo-ken. If you are my predecessor send me a PM

Welcome to all the new Hyogo Alts

I hope everyones will get their placements soon. We predeccessor are anxious to meet you
    I know of 6 Alts that are leaving Awaji. So if your placement is Awaji, Sumoto, Tsuna or Minami awaji, please PM me. I'm excited to find out who my successor will be

And congrats on everyone getting in

laliniya

Hello and Congrats to all the new Hyogo Jets!!

I am a fellow Minamiawaji JET here (South Awaji Island in Hyogo Prefecture) and looking forward to hearing from the new ALTs (as I am also one of the other Jets that are leaving this summer.) Unfortunately, we don't know who our successors are until a few more weeks but it would be nice to get in contact with you first to help prepare for things.

I know you must be very busy and getting excited and we are very busy too but let's try to give each other a heads up early!

So, if you are a new Minamiawaji JET, please PM me and I will try to help answer your questions and prep each other!

Since google throws up nought but this thread, a question to you Hyogo jets- is there anything worth seeing in the north of the ken?
    I'm looking at a Shimane and Tottori trip and I've figured out something worthwhile in northern Kyoto and I've a friend in Yamaguchi who can cover me on that end but Hyogo is looking like the weak link in managing to do a north coast of western Japan journey thus far.... Surely there is something worth an hour or two to look at?
    Last edited by Tyr; June 18th, 2012 at 12:09.

Some of the touristy areas are the Tottori city sand dunes (good pear soft cream), the stork nature park in Toyooka, Kinosaki hot springs, Izushi soba, Kasumi crab, and further out of the way, but there is a huge temple in Muraoka that is worth seeing if you like temples in the mountains. Although, it wasn't my favorite place in the world when I lived there, it is worth visiting if you already want to go. Those are just some of the things people go up to see.

If you come to Tottori you should check out the sand dunes and Jinpukaku Hall. If you like onsen, definitely check out Misasa. Tons of onsen plus the Mitokusan Sanbutuji Temple, a temple built into the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Since google throws up nought but this thread, a question to you Hyogo jets- is there anything worth seeing in the north of the ken?
    I'm looking at a Shimane and Tottori trip and I've figured out something worthwhile in northern Kyoto and I've a friend in Yamaguchi who can cover me on that end but Hyogo is looking like the weak link in managing to do a north coast of western Japan journey thus far.... Surely there is something worth an hour or two to look at?
    I'll second Kinosaki onsen and Izushi for soba (be sure to go for lunch or early dinner though), and the Sanin Geopark area is really beautiful. There are several spots where you can take a boat ride along the coast.
    Last edited by therealwindycity; July 10th, 2012 at 15:06.

let's talk about socks gingerbread's Avatar

There's also the Ge Ge Ge No Kitaro stuff in Sakaiminato.

Yep. We're having a huge manga festival this fall, from August to November. The creators of Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro and Detective Conan are from Tottori, plus several other lesser know artists, so they're trying to brand Tottori as the Manga Kingdom of Japan.