Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are the Aomori folks?

Swing up to the prefecture first weekend of September and gorge yourself on American food at Misawa and see coooooooool jets doing things. ALTs and the flying kind.

Apparently all the Aomori City JETs under the five year max recontracted... so that strikes me as a great sign.

Default Re: Where are the Aomori folks?

or it could be a sign that the city will be full of people with established lives who wont want to babysit a newcomer and you will be lonely and miserable in your first few months....
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Time to resurrect this thread!
    Last edited by dvac002; June 23rd, 2013 at 11:48.

Welcome! I might know your pred, actually...I don't know why that area favors taking you warm climate folks and throwing you to the sharks.

I was just explaining this to another new person coming to the prefecture. December, you'll be all like, oh wow this is so nice it's snowing and then April, when it's still snowing, you'll be praying to the kerosene gods to bless you with another tank (because you will not want to leave your place).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?

Thanks for the heads up Lianwen! Well I know at least two other Florida natives headed to Aomori, so it is indeed a strange thing! Would you recommend just buying winter clothes over there? Kind of hard to get any real winter stuff In Miami in the summer.

I would recommend to bring at least a few long sleeve shirts (you can buy them online, and if they don`t fit you can return them via online) on clearance now or at least really cheap. You just want something to tide you over really for the cool fall months. My first year here, I was fine in a thick fleece (there are plenty of sports stores you can pick up a jacket from) until December. Come January, I was still cold in a winter down coat. But by the time you get to December/feel really cold, you`ll have started accumulating winter wear (there is a very large second hand shop in Towada and since we`re by American bases, it should be easier for you to pick up winter things there, too) and you`ll find that unless you`re really tall/heavy, it`s easy to find winter clothes to fit. TLDR - you might wanna find a long sleeve shirt or two to bring to tide you over until you can get full winter wear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?

Great info! I can actually find some really cheap stuff on clearance now so your advice definitely resonates! As far as my predecessor goes, it seems it can be one of two people (according to the official jet forum). Just waiting until they find out at this point. What part of Aomori do you live in?