Thread: Is there is reletationship between Hiranjana and Kanji?

Default Is there is reletationship between Hiranjana and Kanji?

In some website I read that there is little bit similarity between Japanese Hiranjana and Kanji.If it is true I am interesting to knowing the relationship.
    Last edited by brad12; December 9th, 2010 at 18:08.

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Default Re: Is there is reletationship between Hiranjana and Kanji?

Yes, hirgana evolved out of how certain kanji looked when written very quickly in a 'cursive' like script.

Example

The kanji 安 became the hirgana あ.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

I heard that people smoked a lot of hiraganja when they made up all those crazy kanji.

Man'yōgana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has your answers.

Or if you're in to that kind of thing, there's always hentai-gana.

Hentaigana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

愛羅武勇
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Quote Originally Posted by brad12 View Post
    In some website I read that there is little bit similarity between Japanese Hiranjana and Kanji.If it is true I am I am interesting to knowing the relationship.
    Were you drunk when you made this thread?

I think what boze is asking is "Is there a reletationship between alcohol and poor spelling?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
    sean bean and viggo mortensen are like aint no thang yo we just shank this bitch and gandalf says YOU CANT CUT A BITCH MADE OF FIRE MOTHERFUCKER put that shit away and fuckin CHEESE IT bitches

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Now I think of Magneto forming metal dildos to ram up his own ass. And then I picture Gandalf whispering to butterflies to go get him some dildos so he at least has something to do on that tower.

I think the real question is whether the OP is a Japanese troll or someone who is really good at imitating a Japanese troll.
    minor rant: abe vigoda

I am I am interesting in knowing what osake you drank when create this thred.

Both sets of kana evolved out of Kanji that were commonly used for thier sound rather than meaning (thus making it easier for all concerned to create a set of simple characters that just had a sound and not a meaning) did they not?

I think Katakana was orignally "just for women" as Kanji and Hiragana were only taught to intellectuals, who were men. Though how you can read anything written in just kana is beyond me, it'd all blur into one mass of letters if you didn't use spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by armchairpatriot View Post
    Both sets of kana evolved out of Kanji that were commonly used for thier sound rather than meaning (thus making it easier for all concerned to create a set of simple characters that just had a sound and not a meaning) did they not?

I think Katakana was orignally "just for women" as Kanji and Hiragana were only taught to intellectuals, who were men. Though how you can read anything written in just kana is beyond me, it'd all blur into one mass of letters if you didn't use spaces.
    You got it backwards.

The old word for hiragana is 女手.

Katakana was originally used by men only who used it as a cursive form of kanji. It also took on a new life in the 30s as the basic writing for military manuals so uneducated men could read them. Katakana was actually banned for a short time by the GHQ after the war because of the association.
    Last edited by UPGRAYEDD; June 19th, 2010 at 13:53.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Hiragana are in fact deformed Kanji.

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD View Post
    You got it backwards.

The old word for hiragana is 女手.

Katakana was originally used by men only who used it as a cursive form of kanji. It also took on a new life in the 30s as the basic writing for military manuals so uneducated men could read them. Katakana was actually banned for a short time by the GHQ after the war because of the association.
    This is quite true on accounta my grandpa (pressumably) killed a Japanese guy in WWII and took his military guide. I was going through his stuff in the attic with my parents after he died and found a chest with a buncha stuff in it... including blood stained pictures and military guides all in katakana.

No lies.
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.

Man I'd like to see that, scan it in when you get home!!

Traditional martial arts dojo here often write their instructional material in katakana. The densho are often nothing BUT kanji though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
    sean bean and viggo mortensen are like aint no thang yo we just shank this bitch and gandalf says YOU CANT CUT A BITCH MADE OF FIRE MOTHERFUCKER put that shit away and fuckin CHEESE IT bitches

Now I think of Magneto forming metal dildos to ram up his own ass. And then I picture Gandalf whispering to butterflies to go get him some dildos so he at least has something to do on that tower.

Definitely will. I went home for Christmas a couple years back man my parents were sorting through it and showed it to me. They asked me what it said... but FUCK MAN... I HATE READING KATAKANA. For some reason its harder to read than hiragana (when it's all katakana, that is). ANyone else have that problem?
    With a belt on my head, underpants over my shorts, and my sidekick Quaildog... I AM QUAILMAN

Power, Patience, Speed.

Yesterday I went and picked up an iPhone4 and my girlfriend fucking dropped it before I could put it in the case. The screen is fine, but the edges are scuffed a little. I was gonna punch her but she started crying so I just slapped her really hard instead.