Thread: Even if don't get on JET: I'd like to say.......

Default Even if don't get on JET: I'd like to say.......

A big thankyou to all the people in London.

They have been nothing but friendly and helpful at every step of the way, I don't know all the names, but thanks to Sophie who works on the JET desk, very helpful everytime I've rang. I always thought i'd be imposing, especially when the letters tell you to avoid contacting them, but always had nice replies.

Whoever answers the e-mails: Also a big thanks (possibly sophie again), always prompt and efficent.

The ex-jets who were mooching around outside the interview answering questions, especially the tall Asian guy (didn't catch his name), very friendly and took the stress out of coming to london and going for a scary life-changing interview.

And finally, Mega-Special-Thanks to the Project Coordinator of JET at the embassy. She is really nice, and super friendly. Not only gave me a personal call about my application before xmas, but also remembered me at the interview stage and said how happy she was that I made it this far.

So, whatever the outcome of the decision in April is, I'm thankful to all these people (and all the other behind the scenes people), responsible for JET.

I didn't realise the JET embassy reads this site?

they don't. But I feel if I sent them a thankyou in writing they'd probably think I was sucking up to them. So it's a public thankyou, and if they find it (maybe one of the ex-jets i met read this board) then all the better.

I'd like to do the same, the staff were all fantastic, I was really put at ease in what was potentially an incredibly nerve racking situation and I ended up really enjoying my day.

It instilled me with confidence, if I don't get on this year then I will definitely be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    The UK office does at least. They've contacted at least one person about the content of their private site which they linked to from here. No... I'm not going to go into the details again, it's been discussed in 2 threads already
    8O. There should be a little warning message on the front page :twisted:

But yes they were very helpfull and friendly, I believe I even described the interview as releaxing. I'm not saying I was relaxed by any means but it certainly wasn't an unpleasant experience.
    "Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy." Isaac Newton

VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by ENAY
    I didn't realise the JET embassy reads this site?
    The UK office does at least. They've contacted at least one person about the content of their private site which they linked to from here. No... I'm not going to go into the details again, it's been discussed in 2 threads already
    They do? I must have missed that (Curse you World of Warcraft). Can anyone point me to the threads, I'd like to read them.

Atrus: Yes, I have positive memories of the interview day as well. Props to them etc..

Matt
    Mabushiii!!!

and I just want to say what a fabulous programme the JET programme is. I feel that it has really inspired me to work well and I also feel that I will take many vauable life lessons from this.

*looks to side and hides mouth with hand, whispers*

DO YOU THINK THEY BOUGHT IT?
    "could you use a slave, you hairy bunch of Ishmolites?"
    www.oitajets.com

I can safely say that the Jet peeps in London were and are the best employers iv ever had. Plus they got me to Japan - yes me! my parents are even more chuffed with them than i am. i think they needed the break