Thread: Poetry translation request

Default Poetry translation request

If anyone would be willing to take a crack at it, I wrote a tanabata themed poem, and was wondering if I could get a translation. Thanks for any help!

----
    How can you smile?

I smile because I am happy. Because I am with you.

But we aren't together...

But we are! You are in my life! It may be small, but every time our eyes meet, the noisy world falls silent. And for a little while, time stops and we are all there is. And although I wish with all my heart to hold you in my arms, I would not trade those simple glaces from your beautiful starry eyes for the entire world.

I smile because I am happy. Because for the first time ever, I don't feel alone. Because I know that anything is possible if we can imagine it. Because we are together. That's why.

I smile because I found you.
    ---
    "...it was like nothing I'd ever seen. I mean he didn't stand a chance. Against that kind of post count? Those kind of numbers command respect. They beat those with lower post counts into weeping submission. Fuck David and Goliath, watching it go down was honestly scary. It was like watching a 7 foot body builder walk into a maternity ward with a nuclear bomb strapped to his chest..."

どうしてニコニコ(Or 笑顔)する?

幸せから笑顔しているよ。あなたと一緒にいるので。

でも、私たちは互いに離れっても

まだ一緒。私の人生にいるし、小さくっても、私たちの瞳を見かける(or 見合わせる)このさわがしい世がおとなしくなる。たんじかんは時間が止まって、私たちのことがすべて。心からあなたを抱きたいのに、世界の代わりに眩しい瞳からちらりと見るのことを取り替えらない。<This sentence probably kind of awk.

幸せから笑顔する。はじめて、寂しくないので。想像できればなんでもするように。

私たちは一緒にいるから

あんたを見つけたから

Eh, that is a rough attempt, sure someone can pick out some stuff to fix/make more fitting.
    Last edited by LeggoMyEigo; July 17th, 2010 at 00:58.

Quality Control

なんで笑う?

僕はうれしいから笑う。君と一緒だから笑う。

けど、一緒じゃない。

いや、違う!君と一緒だよ!少なくとも、目線が合うと、騒々しい世の中が静まり返る。しばしの沈黙の中に、たった二人でいる。君に抱きつくが何よりの思いだけど、君の僕に向けた、輝く華やかな目さえあれば、世界でも代わりにできない。

うれしいから笑う。生まれて初めて、一人じゃないから。想像すれば、何でもできるから。一緒にいるから。君と一緒だから。

君が見つかったから笑う。

Rough attempt. Went with pretty simple, conversational language instead of a more poetic Japanese, I took it that was what you were going for? Hope this helps.

Thanks guys!
    "...it was like nothing I'd ever seen. I mean he didn't stand a chance. Against that kind of post count? Those kind of numbers command respect. They beat those with lower post counts into weeping submission. Fuck David and Goliath, watching it go down was honestly scary. It was like watching a 7 foot body builder walk into a maternity ward with a nuclear bomb strapped to his chest..."

Default Re: Poetry translation request

I'd probably stick with lawnchair's if you are wondering~

I think its better.