Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hosting renewal due in January 2011 [£216]

Default Hosting renewal due in January 2011 (£216)

Hey all,

Early, I know, but I think it is better to announce it now rather than try to scrape cash together at the last second.

The hosting company will be asking for another £216 pounds in January 2011 to continue to keep ithinkimlost.com on the interwebs.

It's a lot of money for me to put up by myself. So, I'm asking that if you can, please donate a little bit to help me out. We have some money in the ITIL kitty from donations. I'm not sure of the exact amount but my feeling is its a lot less than previous years.

I'll tally up the funds as soon as possible, but I wanted to get this message out now.

Also, our vbulletin (the software we are using) license has expired. We need a new one of those, and if I recall correctly its about £100 (I'll get the exact figure later and update this thread). Until we get a new license, we cannot upgrade our software to the latest version. This has 2 consequences: 1) We cannot get security updates if flaws are found in our version. 2) We lose out on the new features that are developed.

If you can, and would like to donate, please use the donation link on the menu at the top. If you have problems, please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site.

Thank you!
    Paul
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Default Re: Hosting renewal due in January 2011 (£216)

I will give some money once I get a pre-paid debit card. This site has provided entertainment and useful reasources on accounta the Ini.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

Thanks
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Quote Originally Posted by AliDimayev View Post
    I will give some money once I get a pre-paid debit card. This site has provided entertainment and useful reasources on accounta the Ini.
    Who isn't around anymore?

We all have a reponsibility to continue jihad.

Azrael is Ini.
    <a href=http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3134&dateline=1245615339 target=_blank>http://www.ithinkimlost.com/image.ph...ine=1245615339</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyakuman View Post
    As usual, you all (Aliを除く) have your heads up your asses.

SPOILERS
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotty View Post
    sean bean and viggo mortensen are like aint no thang yo we just shank this bitch and gandalf says YOU CANT CUT A BITCH MADE OF FIRE MOTHERFUCKER put that shit away and fuckin CHEESE IT bitches

Quote Originally Posted by matt360 View Post
    Now I think of Magneto forming metal dildos to ram up his own ass. And then I picture Gandalf whispering to butterflies to go get him some dildos so he at least has something to do on that tower.

Since the posting of this message, no donations have been made (apart from 2 username changes).

Another option to keep the site online is to get hosting provided free of charge by someone. If anyone can offer this, please let me know.

September update: no donations

I want to hear the October update.

No donations. 112 days left on hosting which I'll unfortunately have to cancel unless some cash turns up

Beer & Loathing

How do we donate?

Click on donation then donate now from the menu along the top of the forum

Update:

The site is likely to close in January. Simply put, we don't have the funds to continue.

Beer & Loathing

The rent is too damn high.

Edit: Just donated $11. Not much, but it's a start.
    Last edited by Variable Rush; October 20th, 2010 at 07:18.

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE mteacher80's Avatar

so if the site is closing in January will you be returning the donations that came in that didnt add up to enough??
    ☆★REAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★☆

I asked that the last time the site was doomed and about to close down FOR EVAR!!!1!!

Never did get a response...

Yes they will be returned

If the site does close can I be allowed to post the final post in which I laugh and laugh and laugh?
    mothy 6.1.12
    Nothin' but love for y'all.

RIP Japanistan. Nevar forget.
    RIP Wasabibot. Nevar forget.
    RIP The dream. Nevar forget.

Banned

if the site does close can we get prof chimpenstein and dob to come back for one final post?

Beer & Loathing

Your lack of faith disturbs me.