Thread: Eigo Note Ideas

Default Eigo Note Ideas

I have been tasked with making a video on "how to use the Eigo Note". I guess this is for teachers who can't read the teacher's manual or handbook.
    So, after thinking about this for a bit, I've decided that I will try to collect lesson plans (using the Note with small changes) that worked really well.
    I would like to have an ALT section in it too - to show some succesfull ideas involving ALT's. This will be difficult as all the ALT's in my city are from Interac and are not allowed to plan lessons with teachers. I wanted to do a sarcastic 'how to team teach successfully without talking to each other beforehand" section, but I don't think that will get approval he he.

So, have you had any great activities based on the Eigo Note but with rule changes or tweaks? Or, have you seen a teacher do a great lesson by themselves (maybe a demo)?

I'll start with one: Human concentration
    in book 1, in the section on colours and clothes, you can hand out coloured clothing cards to each student. Have only one pair of, say, red socks. Then, the students come up one by one and ask people "Do you have red socks?" and if the answer is yes, the kid stands up. The student at the front has to guess who else has the red socks and ask them.

. This will be difficult as all the ALT's in my city are from Interac and are not allowed to plan lessons with teachers.

I think that not true that we are not allowed to plan lessons with teacher..Its ok dear..

Default Re: Eigo Note Ideas

There's an English version of the lesson plans for Eigo Note available online.
    While they are not great if you cannot plan with an ALT then you have no choice but to use them, or make a new plan and send it to the ALT to read beforehand. Then you only need 5 minutes before the lesson to confirm. Its not ideal, but it's the best you can do really.
    Shut up Hikari / Muffles / uthinkimlost. (delete as appropriate)

Quote Originally Posted by tenderRondo View Post
    minor rant: Waldroon mentioned Maria Ozawa in the japenese movie thread. Me being the fool I am assumed he was being serious and googled her at work.

Quote Originally Posted by summergirl View Post
    . This will be difficult as all the ALT's in my city are from Interac and are not allowed to plan lessons with teachers.

I think that not true that we are not allowed to plan lessons with teacher..Its ok dear..

This is one of the many reasons why interac sux ballz innit

Quote Originally Posted by HIV positive View Post
    This is one of the many reasons why interac sux ballz innit
    I think inetrac is better than heart..less